• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey my friends,
I'm letting you guys know that I'm doing a giveaway. You guys vote on what the prize is going to be and I'll cover shipping costs. I apologize but I can only ship within the US and Canada (unless you want to pay the shipping or possibly split). To join the giveaway just leave a message in this thread and I'll pull a name from a hat or just use a randomizer. The reason I'm doing this is I'm raising money for a charity with some friends. The charity is entirely optional and every little bit helps the link will give a description gofundme.com/yt87y6k8

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting Thomas very interesting I went in for a competition like this twice and won twice , the first was a koi blanket the second koi windsock but they were many years apart..
We do charity alot in our household but need to know why we are giving as your link isnt working ?

Dave

Last edited:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sounds like a worthy cause, Thomas. (y) Good luck with your fundraising. I see from the link and some of your postings that you are in the Naperville/Downers Grove area of Illinois. I have many relatives in the Wheaton/Winfield area, close by, and love the area.

Because of my familiarity with your locality, I find it curious that you posted a photo in the FOTM contest that looks nothing like the topography of anywhere in the state of Illinois. Perhaps you didn't realize the photos are supposed to highlight your own local scenery. It's a simple oversight, but I hope you'd prefer to enter a pic that illustrates the beauty of the Chicagoland area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sounds like a worthy cause, Thomas. (y) Good luck with your fundraising. I see from the link and some of your postings that you are in the Naperville/Downers Grove area of Illinois. I have many relatives in the Wheaton/Winfield area, close by, and love the area.

Because of my familiarity with your locality, I find it curious that you posted a photo in the FOTM contest that looks nothing like the topography of anywhere in the state of Illinois. Perhaps you didn't realize the photos are supposed to highlight your own local scenery. It's a simple oversight, but I hope you'd prefer to enter a pic that illustrates the beauty of the Chicagoland area.
I apologize I must have overlooked it. I'll remove the picture

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thomas you do realize that anyone winning an electrical applience in the UK will have a differing electrical supply to that of the US and without a transformer wont work here ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thomas you do realize that anyone winning an electrical applience in the UK will have a differing electrical supply to that of the US and without a transformer wont work here ?

Dave
Fair point I forgot to think about that. Sorry for that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm a little confused .... that's nothing new! LOL How are you going to help a charity by a giveaway? Is it a free will donation if the person wins the prize? Good luck!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm a little confused .... that's nothing new! LOL How are you going to help a charity by a giveaway? Is it a free will donation if the person wins the prize? Good luck!!!
It brings people's attention to the thread with the link. People have an incentive to click on the thread and out of curiosity they might check the link.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Is there a pencil in option? I need a new car :D ;)

Ask a Question