MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's a shame that this topic always descends into chaos. I'm afraid I'm going to have to close it :(

I agree with you, Becky. It is a shame such an important topic always descends into chaos, but it is very difficult to discuss this topic when 1 member insults and degrades other members and their citations in a tirade of one-sided insults and self-minded publications when there are so many opinions that we need to look at to fully comprehend if we are going to understand this topic. I guess this topic just cannot be discussed on this forum, unlike it is on so many other forums, with someone who wants to "bully" his opinion across and really not discuss both sides. It is a shame!

Jim

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I personally have no problem with excluding any topic not directly related to aquatic habitats or landscaping/hardscaping. There are plenty of other forums that will provide an outlet for opinions on these topics.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You make a good point, @Meyer Jordan. So, perhaps this topic "General Chat" which often has nothing to do with aquatic habitats or landscaping/hardscaping should be eliminated from the forum. (?) Just keep everything to "everything ponds". Might be a good idea. I'd vote for that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
facts are not opinions. Insulting the intelligence of folk with frauds from propaganda websites, insults and degrades the forum

Some folk just cannot stop posting fraud

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I didn't mean to get everyone into an argument, I just liked the scientific point of view in the whole thing. @Becky it is highly unfortunate it had to be closed, but it was obviously shut down for Obvious reasons. :( .
GW really does truly make me wonder some things, science as a whole does. Everything does.

Sorry guys
Nate

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I didn't mean to get everyone into an argument, I just liked the scientific point of view in the whole thing. @Becky it is highly unfortunate it had to be closed, but it was obviously shut down for Obvious reasons. :( .
GW really does truly make me wonder some things, science as a whole does. Everything does.

Sorry guys
Nate

You are 16 years of age. It is healthy for you to wonder.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You make a good point, @Meyer Jordan. So, perhaps this topic "General Chat" which often has nothing to do with aquatic habitats or landscaping/hardscaping should be eliminated from the forum. (?) Just keep everything to "everything ponds". Might be a good idea. I'd vote for that!

Most of what is posted in the General Chat Forum has not been politicized to the extent that climate change/global warming has.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
dutch, you want to look up polar bears, to see what scientists really do. they pulled back the polar bear from extinction by persuading american and russian governments to protect them from shooting. Wikipedia is a useful starting point. how they measured the problem, defined it to governments, how change saved the furballs

It is an inditement of modern times that less reputable breitbart type frauds have tried to use polar bears as an excuse to deny global warming

Which is killing them

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Most of what is posted in the General Chat Forum has not been politicized to the extent that climate change/global warming has.

But the General Chat topics actually could be posted under other "pond" threads. This would eliminate any "political" discussions.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So, perhaps this topic "General Chat" which often has nothing to do with aquatic habitats or landscaping/hardscaping should be eliminated from the forum. (?) Just keep everything to "everything ponds". Might be a good idea. I'd vote for that!

There are a lot of long-time members that enjoy talking about things other than just ponds together. We all have ponds, they're a big hobby for us all. That hobby brought us together, but to be able to talk about other things is what brings this ponding community closer.

I personally enjoy the "General Chat" section of the Garden Pond Forum as much as I enjoy the pond sections. I like talking about nature, wildlife, native gardening, and many other things, most recently, my awesome trip to Airventure. I also enjoy reading what other people have to going on outside of their pond worlds. Removing that section of the GPF wouldn't be an appropriate solution to the problem.

Personally, I think it's fairly easy for members to avoid starting topics that are likely to start serious arguments, especially when related to politics, but I think it's even easier to just not argue. If a topic makes you mad, sometimes it's best just to ignore that post and focus on the positive posts, and this is one of the most positive, friendly forums on the internet.

Let's all remember that the majority of us installed ponds to have a relaxing hobby, to have an escape from the problems of the world. To help add a bit of peacefulness to our lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Some fraudsters lie themselves into jobs where they can get their jollies, tamper with food. A speciality dish might have visine sloshed on diabetics food, to trigger heart attacks.

Some might t-bone trucks loaded with migrant workers, A) because they hate mexicans B) they want to swing a disabillity claim (my back hurts) forever.

Another, might defraud folk over pond installs, grab the deposits and run, knowing his hated step parent will be ruined by legal costs, to their amusement.

On facebook, foreign governments, crooks peddle denier frauds to bait dumb folk, knowing if these folk are stupid enough to believe this, they are easy to rob....

you can find some seriously weird folk, doing fraud

Ask a Question