Global Warming, Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoonShadows, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MoonShadows

adavisus

My antennae go up and the radar starts pinging the moment I detect three fraudulent statements of very iffy origin

Especially when the origin is the propaganda activities of political entities dedicated to destroying democracy

adavisus, Aug 5, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. MoonShadows

Becky Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, @adavisus :(

I think we've established that the topic of global warming is massively divisive, and through the passionate expressing of opinions someone is always going to take offence.

It's frustrating to see that this topic started just after I closed the other one, but I understand if you want to discuss why it was closed. Therefore I'm happy to keep this topic open as long as it doesn't become a discussion about global warming itself.

Becky, Aug 5, 2017
    DutchMuch and MoonShadows like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MoonShadows

Lisak1

@adavisus - I am sorry about your wife. What a tragic loss.

One of the biggest challenges in life it to learn to disagree without being disagreeable. Too many topics of debate instantly fall to the lowest levels of name calling and insults. There's always another way to get your point across without being debasing and denigrating. Learning to debate used to be an art form - now we all just scream and shout and hashtag the topic to death. It's too bad. Few issues are so black and white or cut and dried that we cannot learn from each other - there's truth on both sides of almost every hot bed issue. And if we can't agree, then we need to learn to agree to disagree and move on. I'm sad when I hear of families being destroyed over political differences or differences of opinion about anything, really.

I am always a bit surprised that this particular topic gets people so heated up (haha! Get it?) but it never fails. I watch the arguments on both sides with interest. "Science" likes to pretend it has all the answers - and yet sometimes we find out that "science" got it wrong.

Lisak1, Aug 5, 2017
  4. MoonShadows

DutchMuch Lord Of The Aquascapes!

Cheesy,
    lol!

DutchMuch, Aug 5, 2017
  5. MoonShadows

Lisak1

That's high praise for this pun-loving girl!

Lisak1, Aug 5, 2017
  6. MoonShadows

Must be fun making puns,
    Im the rhyming side ;)

DutchMuch, Aug 5, 2017
  7. MoonShadows

brokensword Not all those who wander are lost

Dutch, wheel have none
    of you making puns
    unless a tired Lisa K
    says it's okay.

heh

brokensword, Aug 5, 2017
  8. MoonShadows

mgmine

What I would really love to see would be a debate between experts on both sides of the topic. Everyone knows what the "facts" are that support global warming but how many know what the other side is countering with? I find very few people are willing to listen to both sides.

mgmine, Aug 25, 2017
    MoonShadows likes this.
  9. MoonShadows

sissy sissy

global warming is caused by all of us .The world is over populated .No one person caused it we all caused it .We can't feed the people we have and we can't afford to keep paying these lazy people sit home and not work but have babies and then they neglect them abuse them ,kill them and the money they get is used for drugs alcohol and partying .They say we owe them ,how I don't know .I get sick of reading about the child abuse and neglect just for a paycheck from the government :mad::mad:I worked I had 2 sons

sissy, Aug 25, 2017
    Rock, DutchMuch and Nyboy like this.
  10. MoonShadows

mgmine

People adapt to change as long as its not over night. If the earth was proven to be cooling off (as the scientists proved in the 70's) then we would be looking at much bigger problem that if it was warming (as they are proving in the 2000's). I'll take a longer growing season over a shorter one Ill take too much food over too little food and I'll take a Florida winter over a Minnesota winter, I would rather turn on a fan than turn on the furnace. Florida summers are hot but not as hot as Nevada summers so everyone has a different standard. As Mark Twain said "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".

mgmine, Aug 26, 2017
  11. MoonShadows

Sooooooo
    True.

DutchMuch, Aug 27, 2017
    sissy likes this.
  12. MoonShadows

sissy sissy

yes but so sad also .The free mel ticket should have never been allowed to go on .Get a job and be proud of what ever job you have

sissy, Aug 27, 2017
    DutchMuch likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question