Goldfish gathering in shallow area under plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
u mentioned missing fishes that can be predator scaring them or they are in shock , my fishes remained in shock for weeks if they see danger , beside that other reason can be lack of oxygen which i dont think it is

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Goldfish in shallow area not interested in eating but is otherwise healthy is likely breeding behavior.

They are right about the need to have a net of predators are around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Goldfish in shallow area not interested in eating but is otherwise healthy is likely breeding behavior.

They are right about the need to have a net of predators are around.
yes i had this in mind aswell ie breeding but they would be hyperactive or chasing splashing instead of being inactive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
u mentioned missing fishes that can be predator scaring them or they are in shock , my fishes remained in shock for weeks if they see danger , beside that other reason can be lack of oxygen which i dont think it is
Had a friend who has koi come today and he felt it was lack of oxygen so had the hose pipe going all day, also on the two dead fish their gills were congested so he gave us some chemical to put in the pond. Certainly seen a lot more movement and action since doing this. So we will see what tomorrow brings and continue the oxygen route for a while.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Not all of them. Some sit and lay eggs.
goldfishes lay eggs by splashing and crashing in to roots, plants , its not a peaceful sight either asfar as i have read and seen but might b different in some cases i dont know about it

Ask a Question