Goldfish Lady

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 600l outdoor pond with 6 decent sized goldfish. Located in East Lothian, Scotland, pond up and running for 4 years now. These 6 fish have come through cold winters and I'm quite attached to them all, even though they still see me as the enemy until I give them food!

Attachments

• IMAG1072.jpg
    IMAG1072.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 167

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Your pond is very pretty.

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome, you have a beautiful pond! The rocks are especially good, plants too. Where did you get the rocks in Scotland? Very nice!
Barb
Welcome, you have a beautiful pond! The rocks are especially good, plants too. Where did you get the rocks in Scotland? Very nice!
Barb
Barb
Hi Barb, thanks very much. I was very lucky in that the rocks were all in the garden when I moved here (I found most of them when digging, painful but a real bonus!). The local stone here in Dunbar is a lovely red sandstone, there was lots buried in the soil. The pond isn't very deep, only about 40cm as any deeper is solid clay. But the fish seem happy enough!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm quite attached to them all, even though they still see me as the enemy until I give them food!View attachment 118482
Welcome str!
Sometimes, I think goldfish are like cats. They fuzzy up and purr, purr, purr when hungry and as soon as they eat, they act like, "Hey, take a hike Jack!"
Glad to have you as a member.
Stephen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!
Love your pond! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lucky you, any rocks I get I have to buy. Not so much as a pebble in our part of the state, we are near the ocean. How great to be able to dig them out of your own yard!
Barb

Ask a Question