Goodbye sweet little Suki

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday we sadly had to have our oldest cat Suki Put to sleep after her mouth cancer spread up under her right eye, she died aged only eight......
Those who know of her know that we were her fourth owners in two years the others how can we say were either drunk out of their minds or sticking needles in their arms.
When we rescued her she was a mental wreck and for the next six years of her life she was prone to bouts of depression but between those bouts a lovely little girl grew she could be bossy with us but most of the time our love to her shone through.
She was comical when she learned to be a cat especially when she thought no one was watching .
Sadly though her mal treatment at the hands of others finally we believe caught up with her and a mouth cancer was diagnosed , we were told she had between 6 months to 2 years of live left sadly though the cancer became so agressive last weeked that we decided to go with the vets findings if she though it was time then we would allow her the dignetty of being put painlessly to sleep.
The vet said that the cancer had eated up under her eye and that it was time so we said our goodbyes amid many tears and watched as the vet gave her peace

RIP SUKI 2005-2013

[

SDC10380.jpg

IM000102.JPG

IM000112.JPG

rgrds

Dave and Val.

Attachments

• IM000279.jpg
    IM000279.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IM000287.jpg
    IM000287.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 257

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry you are hurting over the loss of your precious kitty Suki...............may she rest in peace.

Reaction score
Awe bless her little heart! Very sorry Dave for your loss. It takes a lot of patience to love a mistreated animal, and it sounds like you broke trough and succeeded in making her last few years very happy. God Bless :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, so sorry, Dave! I love my kitty cats so much, and it hurts so much whenever we lose one. You guys gave Suki a good life and I know she felt your love!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
so glad you rescued her and gave her a good end of life! Bless you Dave and family rip suki

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so sorry to hear as it is hard to loose a beloved pet no matter what they become our children .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 8a/b
Country
Germany
Well, I know that dogs go to rainbow bridge, but not sure where cats go. Presuming if they all went to the same place, there would be chaos? Anyway, silliness aside, really sorry for your loss. They are our fur babies, and thank you so much for rescuing. It is challenging, but a wonderful thing to do, and you obviously gave her the life of a princess, which is what she deserved. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:)

Reaction score
Dave -

I am so sorry you lost Suki. It is always so hard when we lose a loved one. She had a good life with you and that is so important.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
wuftytufty said:
Well, I know that dogs go to rainbow bridge, but not sure where cats go. Presuming if they all went to the same place, there would be chaos? Anyway, silliness aside, really sorry for your loss. They are our fur babies, and thank you so much for rescuing. It is challenging, but a wonderful thing to do, and you obviously gave her the life of a princess, which is what she deserved. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:)
Many thanx everyone for your kind words which I will pass on to Val we currently have two other rescue cats under our love and care , it can be a challenge with each and everyone but its seeing them coming out the other end that we find rewarding sadly Suki was more damaged than any cat we have rescued before now but with a lot of love she did start to shine which meant a great deal to us .
It's just so very sad we didnt get another 6 years to rid her of the problems which so deaply scarred her .

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
So sorry for the loss of your kitty. It is good that she spent her last years with people who love and cared for her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry for the loss of your kitty. It is good that she spent her last years with people who love and cared for her.
We noticed you have a kitty that is similar in looks to Suki tell me how old is he/she please?

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question