Green pond Good or Bad?

DawnieRee

New and Need Information!
Reaction score
I am at my wits end trying to keep my pond clear!! i have a 2500 gallon Koi pond and I think I have tryed everything. I have drained it all and cleaned it with green Clean, partial water changes, eco fix, algea fix, flox, Plants you name it I have tryed it. Can anyone give me tips on how to keep it clean and clear? It is in shade also so that helps with the algea growth. My water conditions are all ideal also. Please Help!!:goldfish:

Reaction score
I've read that you have to let an algae bloom go through a natural cycle before the ecology of the pond balances out. Maybe you should just let it go for a bit & see what happens. I know I get a green bloom every spring & then the water gets crystal clear after a while. I have a small pond, small pump, lots of floater plants, a few oxygenating plants, lava rock waterfall & 3 goldfish that I do feed.

Reaction score
Green is both good and bad. Algae is very effective in making goldfish and koi colours brighten up. Wait is this a fish pond or just a pond? lol. Anyways, it's also a bad thing because it can 'stink' up your pond and kill your fish because it'll deplete the oxygen supply. Also, if you want to clear it up, I suggest creating a "Skippy's Stuff" pond. http://www.skippysstuff.com/. Just scroll down and go to the bio-filter. I have a Skippy's Stuff filter and it has cleared up my pond greatly. At first it looks like it doesn't work but after 2 weeks it should start clearing your pond up. Hope this helps!

Ask a Question