Greeting From Jacksonville Fl.

Reaction score
Hello soon to be new fishy friends!

My gold fish pond project started 8 years ago, with small prefab pond and a vision! My vision has changed to many times to count and my pond has grown to include the prefab, Now built into a small hill with a water fall a creek and a 15 foot simi round in ground gold fish haven! I love my pond! Unlike most people I reuse and up-cycle most of my materials I use to build, because of this my pond has grown very slowly and is almost always " a work in progress", but it's a labor of love and something I have truly enjoyed, despite the lessons learned and setbacks that I have been threw.

I have gathered rock from the four corners of the states... ok that's a stretch... But wouldn't that be cool... I have gathered them from all the states I have family, to their annoyance, so I have Tn. slate mixed with Fl. granite, and some beautiful Michigan boulders, just to name a few. (my husband often wonders if it's a gold fish pond or a backdrop to my rock collection!) My plants are almost all clipping and off shoots of family and friends favored growers that have been handed down to me and managed to live threw my bumbling, and often over attentive care. My gold fish are just comets picked from the the local pet store after the Blue haring in my lake taught me a very Valuable and expensive lesson.(why yes them fancy tailed gold fish a very attractive, and tasty!) The liner of my large base pond is build with an above ground pool, with sand, clay, and old carpet under it for protection. The one thing I could not " collect" or recycle was the pump but it's nothing fancy.. just a small filter with a small bell fountain. I could go on an on but I think you get the picture... out of the box thinker with no real theme to her pond, but A place to "play" relax and enjoy the scenery!

I hope this tid bit helps with what I'm sure will be numerous post with pleas for help!

Lindsey Hannah
Jacksonville, Fl.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome to this great forum! There are so many excellent people on this site who I think you will find very helpful for any questions you may have. Can you please post pics of your pond? I love the idea of re-using and repurposing your materials~

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and yep we love our rocks as much as our ponds .I have rocks from every where too ,My sister went on a cruise and brought me back rocks and shells and a piece of drift wood from Mexico .I have stuff from Hawaii and Puerto Rico and I am getting some from France as my friends niece brought some for me .A friend is going to Belieze next month and they will ship me some stuff from there also .Every time someone goes somewhere I offer to pay for shipping .It is fun to collect things .It is nice to have friends that share plants .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome Lindsay.

I too find myself looking for rocks where ever I go. It has become an addiction! My family was beginning to think I was a little crazy lol.
I think a lot of our ponds are always work in progress. Ever changing, even if it is adding a plant or moving some rocks around.

This was my first summer for my pond and still lots to do and learn. Cant wait for next spring!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! ponders and rockers welcome!

Ask a Question