addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So far they have not taken up residence under our deck again. Hoping they don't this year.

Neat shots

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So far this one has not been a problem, it lives under our front step. The dogs can't get to the front step area due to the invisible fence we have so I believe it picked the safest spot in the yard. I think the dogs even limit how often we see it around the pond. The way the fence is the dogs can go out the front door in case of emergency and they would have direct access to the hole, this door we never use only the side door at the deck. Hopefully it will not be to destructive like they can be.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a whole family living under our deck, their den is under our garage. The babies were so cute. We had a great time watching them sun on the deck, play, but the flies................

so after they moved out I have been using that critter ridder stuff to make it not smell good to them. So far I have managed to keep them from moving back in. We also have one that lives under a small shed we have.

I did live trap around 5 the first summer after the babies grew up and relocated them out into some no house areas around us. That was a few to many living in our yard.

My pup is too small to scare them away and she is not out by herself.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is strange since I moved to VA I have seen so many cardinals that a simple blue jay will catch my eye more .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat photo's Rob/Amy and addy! I love all the critter pix, can't get enough of them! No Cardinals or groundhogs here that I ever see. I do see the pretty Stellar Jays tho. They are noisy but I love it when I hear them yelling at me :)
Now that I am growing an oak tree I hope to get some squirrels. The tree is only a couple feet tall so maybe after I'm dead they will come :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
So cool! The pair of cardinals is beautiful as well. I just love your pond!

SE18

David V
Reaction score
a couple years ago a groundhog came to our backyard to snack on fruit from our peach, apple, pear and apricot trees. The 2 beagles went crazy when they saw it. I used a garden hose to direct the ground hog outside our fence and it hasn't returned; probably scared of the beags. They're cute though, but like rabbits, they can't easily coexist with beagles.

Nice photos and nice stream and pond you've got there!

Ask a Question