Urgent: Assitance_My fish Pond is not holding water just after the pond cleaner visited

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This month made it the first year anniversary of moving into my new home and we fortunately or may be unfortunately inherited a fish pond (Koi and gold fish). Recently a pond clean guy came round to give it a quick clean. Now the fish Pond is not holding water just after pond man came over to clean pond. I initially suspect the the clearer had done something he should not have done.

I have tried turning off the pond filter to see if the Pond cleaning chap had missed a trick went assembling the filter and cleaning. The pond still seems to lose water to a lower level.

Any valuable advice as to the next thing to try would be helpful. It has proven rather difficult to find where the pond is leaking from. The internal linining looks ok etc. Looking forward to a helpful response.

Thanks,
Mr Yemia.

Reaction score
You may want to ask the pool cleaner guy to return and help you locate the leak as he may be able to rethink what he did that might have caused it. You could let the level drop until it stops, hopefully not too far down, then once it stops dropping search along the waterline for a hole in the liner. If it stops at a plumbing fitting the problem may be outside the pond in your plumbing.
Keep us posted, and throw up a picture of the pond too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it is dry there, look real carefully around the pond, pulling rocks etc back. Look for a damper area then other places. Check your lines, and call the cleaning guy to come back.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Also if it's a liner pond and it has not rained for a few days, pull some of the edging deco and look behind the liner, If it has water at least you'll know it's going behind it or there is a hole, If it's dry then look around the edges of the pond, waterfall, and hose connections. Process of elimination. For sure get the pond cleaning guy back out, ASAP

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Parasalwelcome.gif
yemia

Ask a Question