Happy Halloween

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
just wanted to wish all of you across the pond a great day tomorow, as i know its a big day on your calendar and is becoming more popular here in the uk ...allough i fear here its also a day when a few use it as a time to frighten the elderly and dissabled people, i am a little nervous as my pond is right next to my front door and worry that some will maybe do some harm, so sad to say i have a police notice ready to put up asking for no trick or treaters to call, its not the little kids that come round with there parents but older youths who can turn nasty when you dont offer them money,(they dont want sweets) had a hose pipe that is near the door put through my letterbox and turned on last year !!!
sad because it should be a fun night, sadly not in my part of the uk now !!
hope you and your families have fun :biggrin:

Reaction score
Heavens! That is quite the shame! It's such a fun time here in the US, but inevitably there are young folks that do take the day to act like idiots. I guess it doesn't matter where you live in the world...there are always a handful of youth that just act dastardly. I guess I was just too terribly afraid that my parents would have knocked my teeth out if I were to behave in such a manner. I also didn't want to disappoint them.

Nothing wrong with healthy dose of respect and fear of one's parents to set a kid straight.

Well, I'm sure your pond will be safe!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
halloween isnt the problem night...tonight (devils night) the night before halloween is the problem night...and its popularity seems to be declining quite a bit, atleast up this way!!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Just hope it dont catch on there stroppy

My 3 yr old granddaughter is going to be a little kitty cat
she was going to be a princes but she wore it on her birthday 2 weeks ago
She is in it for the candy for sure

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i dont know how long trick or treating has been going on here in the states...but the 47 years ive been around its been going strong....how long has it been going on there in the U.K? if anyone older than me reads this, was it around as you grew up?

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
it wasent about when i was a kid ....urm a mere 50ish years ago..but it was popular when my daughter was little shes now 23 so how long before that i dont know ...we have guyforks night here in the uk on thursday ... so fireworks going off all week very upsetting for the pets !!

Ask a Question