Hello, new to the forum

Reaction score
Thank you
addy1 said:
Very nice mike! We love to swim in ours, well when it is not frozen that is.

I try not to go in too often. I was actually arranging some rocks so the fish could hide.

CometKeith said:
Mike, That a nice looking pond. It looks like more than 1000 gallons to me. Where did you find all those rocks?

I had to buy all of my rocks:mad: The ones I found when I was digging were very soft. I didn't think they would be good to put in or around the water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hi mike cannot wait to see your pics and believe me you will love the info on this site old and new pics are great here to because it gives you ideas of what to try .I am new here also

wow thats some pond love the pic in the fog and for your pics great job you learned faster than I did

I really like your waterfall LOL thats the biggest funniest looking fish I have ever seen .look arms and legs

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Mike
Those rocks in the bottom will cause dead spots unless you have some circulation pumps directed at them. The collected waste will eventually become septic.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
funny looking fish my fish looks like this

like that waterfall and the pic with the fog is really pretty .glad you did that in the summer you would be one frozen fish LOL

frogs frogs frogs tadpoles tadpoles thats all I get here and my fish kill them yuk you ever fish pieces of frog out of a pond yuk yuk yuk

Attachments

• koi 003.jpg
    koi 003.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 306

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Sissy
There is an EDIT button at the bottom of your post. If you want to add additional comments, all you need do is click on it and you can edit your post without creating a new post each time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know my dog stepped on the key board LOL he wants attention but thanks he is a little devil when he wants to be

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Mike
Those rocks in the bottom will cause dead spots unless you have some circulation pumps directed at them. The collected waste will eventually become septic.

Do you mean those HUGE rocks in the one pic? I found them when I was digging:banghead3:. I used a small chipping hammer to break them up and remove them. I had to take a picture of them because they were SO big.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
whats funny is rocks everywhere and we buy them .You could not use them in any way in a garden or something .I came to the conclusion on my property since it was a farm before that cow poo turns to rocks after awhile .I made a dry creek out of all the rocks from my property and built another bridge over it on the side of my property .I also made a bog garden off to the side with the rocks so that the water run off will go in there and not run off my property but will stay here and help keep my ground from drying out so much .

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
mikeinpgh said:
Do you mean those HUGE rocks in the one pic? I found them when I was digging:banghead3:. I used a small chipping hammer to break them up and remove them. I had to take a picture of them because they were SO big.

I think I would have dug a hole to put the rock in and left it there. Seems easier...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not all rocks are created equal. When I built my pond I used a lot of flagstone for the surrounding rocks and my waterfall because my wife thought it looked pretty. Flagstone are really just fancy limestone rocks. Well I have learned the lime from those rocks raises the PH just like cement does. I can't naturally lower the PH in my pond below 8.5. So now I stick to goldfish because they don't mind the higher PH. I learned later I should have used slate instead, but I don't want to buy all new rocks.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Most pond owners and all koi breeders are rock free when it come to inside the pond. They create far more problems than they add in appearance.
I have some river rock in my stream (round, semi flat, smooth and not limestone), it is flushed by the 3200 and 1150 GPH pumps that feed the upper pond and waterfall.

Ask a Question