Hello Newbie from Midlands, UK

Reaction score
Hi all, am new to this although we have had a pond in the garden for some years. Have only recently really started to take an real interest since my future son in law was bought some Koi for his birthday and placed them in our pond. Not normally an ignorant person about life, the Pond has had me perplexed this year even though we have tried hard to solve the niggling problems of Green Water.

So, I hope that I will be able to learn from the members of the forum.

Thank you

Anita

Reaction score
Is this pond equipped with a source of electricity? The key to clear water is good filtration and a good UV light. Keep the water chemistry correct as well.

Reaction score
Pondlady

I have a very good pump/filter in the Bioforce 4500 system, I don't have a UV light and yes, the pond has a source of electricity. I have heard much of the UV Systems recently and having heard from some members of it's benefits, I think that this is what I need to purchase.

I will let you know in the future how I get on with the purchase.

Many thanks

Anita

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you Google "Bioforce 4500 system" you will find a Forum where there are a lot of folks that are also unhappy with this. The biggest complaint is poor quality, corrosion of the UV, cleaning etc...

Build your own Bio Filter from a 55 gallon drum, they are practically maintenance free and you won't need a UV to get the green water to go away.

I cleaned mine yesterday in 45 seconds by opening the 2" ball valve in the bottom then closing it.

DrCase and I both have made these. Mine uses only small tubes, his uses a combination of tubes and sponges.

Ask a Question