Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,
I am planning on building a garden pond that is 180sqft at about 2225 gallons with an 8x8 bog/wetland filter fed by a bottom drain and skimmer. I plan to keep a koi, turtles and ducks. I had a pond at my old house that I built without doing enough research and was constantly retro fitting it. I enjoyed redesigning and building new things for it but this time I want to get as much correct from the beginning. I look forward to hearing your insight on this forum.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1627401977616.gif
and welcome @jgell

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the obsession'!

With turtles a bottom drain is bad idea UNLESS you create a baffle above the drain and cover it with stone thus removing a strong draw and removing any chance of them getting stuck and drowning.
drain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Ian Definitely not digging this new attachment set up BOOOO HISSS You want o save band with thats one thing, this is sad it's the thumb nail no one used you can even see what the pic is

Attachments

• Babcock.jpg
    Babcock.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 33

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian Definitely not digging this new attachment set up BOOOO HISSS You want o save band with thats one thing, this is sad it's the thumb nail no one used you can even see what the pic is
The full size images are all still there and you can insert them as full size images in to posts still, just click "insert > full image" on the attachment preview when you're writing your posts. It's just a new way that the forum software upgrade works :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The full size images are all still there and you can insert them as full size images in to posts still, just click "insert > full image" on the attachment preview when you're writing your posts. It's just a new way that the forum software upgrade works :).
@Ian ; you keep trying to teach us old dogs new tricks...tsk, tsk, tsk; when ya gonna learn and just give us a good swat across the nose!!! heh heh

Ask a Question