Help - Build starts next week, bottom drain pipe size?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will also look at putting anti syphon pipes in the bog just in case something goes wrong
I FIND VACUUME BREAKERS WORK THE BEST BUT THAT WOULD require the pipe come up and over the top edge of the bog if it penitrates the liner then ball and check valves . but if you start adding to many check valves, head will increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I FIND VACUUME BREAKERS WORK THE BEST BUT THAT WOULD require the pipe come up and over the top edge of the bog if it penitrates the liner then ball and check valves . but if you start adding to many check valves, head will increase
Could you post me a link of what you mean by a vacuum breaker, I did have a look but I couldn't find anything I thought I could use.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'M A KNOB, but i have had my fair share of building aquariums , and my one pond , its the videos and forum that have helped educate. .

the bubble along the wall best way to do that would be pump air to a pvc pipe bent to the round dump air into it along with filling the pipe with gravel and drilled holes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
are you brining the feed pipe/ "supply line" to the bog up over the top of the edge or are you doing as drawn coming through the wall at the bottom? vacuume breaker has to go on a pipe that goes up and over the top edge

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
are you brining the feed pipe/ "supply line" to the bog up over the top of the edge or are you doing as drawn coming through the wall at the bottom? vacuume breaker has to go on a pipe that goes up and over the top edge
I was going in low through side wall of bog. I guess I could take it up and over, i think I can hide it.

The anti syphon, is just a small pipe, that goes from the the bottom pipe in the bog up to just below bog surface level. If bog starts emptying , the syphon pipe will start to let air in to stop the syphon

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IT GOES AT THE HIGHEST POINT going through the side wall creates challanges making your seal something the uk and raised ponds know well

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IT GOES AT THE HIGHEST POINT going through the side wall creates challanges making your seal something the uk and raised ponds know well

I've just noticed the time 2am here, I better get to bed.

Perhaps because I'm tired I don't understand your post. I will be going through the side wall of the pond in few places, like the intake bays as well as the bog filter. I was just going to use connection flanges on the walls. The liner company can also put sleeves in the liners for the pipes to pass through if needed https://www.butylproducts.co.uk/product/butyl-rubber-pipe-sleeve-kits/

Ask a Question