Need help with pond build.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I am building a pond and need advise. I have run into a major problem its a long storey I originally wanted to dig down 3 feet and have a block pond a small one 3 feet deep 80cm wide 170cm long but decided it was too small for plants and was a bit small for 4 koi fish. So I expanded it a bit but then decided why not make it a bit bigger so its know about 170cm wide see photo. I will try to make a video of how my build is going. The main problem I have had is ground water. I have had no end of problems with ground water. Even digging deeper and putting down hardcore. after ripping up a concrete base. I have ripped out a lot of cement and decided to rebuild it bigger. The main problem I have is the factory building behind me is using my garden as a soak away . The soil and clay soil is wet and when we had the bad weather such as rain the pond flooded with water. What do you suggest I do should I give up having a pond in the ground or consider building it above ground ? The factory guttering is dumping water off their huge roof into my garden. I don t know what to do can any one help? I am loosing all will with this as its cost me so much in skips.
pond1.JPG
pond2.JPG

Attachments

• pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 84
  • pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 98
  • pond3.JPG
    pond3.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 113
  • pond4.JPG
    pond4.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 82
  • pond2.JPG
    pond2.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i do not know the laws over there but if your dumping rain water to the neighbor from your roof that can be an issue. But you could collect there water as well and never worry about water levels again .
GROUND WATER IS NOT THAT B IG A DEAL THEY HAVE PIPE YOU CAN BURY UNDER LINERS OR CONCRETE the pipe acts as a raceway for the water to follow path of least resistance.

Ask a Question