Help... New house came with pond with frogs and no info.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
thanks you guys ..i will keep updating as i find out more. Tb yours look amazing. Im on a mission now to have mine look half as good. I love the patio area around it.
Thank you! You're mantra will become "Just keep digging digging digging" (It's best when you sing it to the just keep swimming song by Dory).
Oh and take pictures, we will cheer you on from here for sure. Congratulations on the house!
Get the hubby a big shovel and bury toys in the muck so dog and hubby can help.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

Baby steps, pick a corner and start. Use blunt shovels, don't dig in, scoop out so you don't cut the liner. I use a large serrated knife to cut roots, always cutting up away from the liner. Those plants might be one large root matt. You might need to cut out a piece at a time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
save that lily if it can survive that it must be amazing .Hope you have good gloves and it will be hard work but you will get there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
welcome . i love the plants and wild life in it looks natural , have a small tank of water and try to save some of plants from each specy and if u see tadpoles or fishes etc . u shud take out all the plants 1st then u will see what to do next may b need to drain some surface water then mud needs to b scooped out by a bucket , i dont think pump will do the job it will get clogged check if liner is usable and not cracking or too soft to tear , if so then u need to replace it . i hope its fine .
follow the green piping or wiring , can b a pump somewhere

B

Burd

Hello, sounds like my story, lol. No instructions, your pond is way nicer than mine, spend some time cleaning and it will be sweet. 2 afternoons and mine looks better already. Good luck.

Ask a Question