Hi All

Reaction score
Hi,

I am so pleased to find this forum there is plenty to learn from you guys/gals, i have a 7ft x 5ft pond the deepest depth is 3ft 9 then in 3 stages working up to roughly to about a foot deep. i am running an old Blagdon amphibious P3000 pump going into a Trident 16w UV sterilizer i only installed the sterilizer today as i am suffering with algae, fingers crossed i will start to see it clear up in a few days or so. is there anything that would help this process ie. not feeding the fish for a couple of days.in my pond i have a range of fish i have 2 x ghost carp 1 x Rud 4 or 5 gold fish a weather loach and a few more altogether i think there is roughly 15 or so fish in there.

My pond is a work in progress i have not yet decided what to do around the edges when i start to get clear waters i will post some pics then hopefully you could give me some suggestions.

i look forward to your help and advice.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome Nathan and I found aeration really helps get rid of algae .I just rebuilt my pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glad you found us as we are a wealth of information and we look at every thing with a ponders eye .Seems we are all in this together :)

Reaction score
One thing i have been wondering, when the finer parts of the algae starts to clump up will they sink or carry on circulating around my pond as i have my filter at the deepest part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantale

Latest Threads