Hi All!

LGG

Reaction score
My name is Luke and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. (East bay, Union City, CA)

I started my pond about 3 years ago, then I had my 3rd son and everyrthing got put on the back burner. I upgraded my electrical panel to run 2 circuits out to my back yard. My brother (who is an electrician) and I ran some conduit out where the skimmer box is for the pump and also behind the falls for a uv light and lighting. I did everything else as far as the labor digging the pond out and building a back fill fence for the waterfall so on and so on.... A lot of work. I hired a guy to finish it for me because I ran out of steam and time. He pretty much did all ofthe rock placment and mortar for me. I am now reenergized to finish up the landscaping and build a redwood fence around it to keep my yellow lab and 3 boys out of it...

The pond is about 12 feet long. Eight feet wide at its widest pointabout 3 1/2 ft deep under the falls and then it goes up to about 2 and then about 16 inches on the skimmer side. I purchased a a littlegiant kit from a friend of mine who is in sales for a water fittings and pumps place. I just put fish 4 fish in today and they seemed pretty happy.

I have all of these projects going on rite now including hanging all interior and exterior doors, putting stucco on the front of my house, then painting the whole exterior of the house. I also want to build a nice 10 X 12 ft shed in which I already poured a cement slab for...... Oh yeah most of it I want finished by mid August for my sons birthday party.

Luke

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome glad you joined, busy like us!

welcome-1-1-1.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your pond will probably do all the new pond cycling, just watch your water test and be very slow about adding fish for a while. I had 5 fish in mine for 6 months before i added more (well it was winter and didn't even know they were there lol) but it did help with the new pond issues.

Get some water plants in that will help also.

You have six weeks, keep us updated on your goal!

LGG

Reaction score
addy1 said:
Your pond will probably do all the new pond cycling, just watch your water test and be very slow about adding fish for a while. I had 5 fish in mine for 6 months before i added more (well it was winter and didn't even know they were there lol) but it did help with the new pond issues.

Get some water plants in that will help also.

You have six weeks, keep us updated on your goal!

Thanks I sure will.

Trying to figure out how to put pics...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthej64

Latest Threads