Hi from Maryland!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Nice pond and nice pictures! I like the "beaver dam" idea. That's a really cool idea!

You are wise to start out with a bog for filtration. I'm adding one right now after 12 years of dealing with the constant maintenance of inept commercial filters.

Looking forward to following the progress of your new build. Keep us posted and keep the pictures coming.

JBViper4

Fishkeeper
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I think I have that same tree that you have cut back. Does it get massive leaves? I cut mine down as it was getting out of control. Someone told me it was actually a weed.
It is evidently a Chinese Princess tree (according to PlantSnap) - a tree native to Asia that is valued for it's hard wood (lots of cheap furniture and instruments are fashioned from it) and yes it gets leaves 2' across. My neighbors must think I'm a lunatic but with annual pruning down to that stump...it starts growing again EVERY SINGLE SPRING. Birds love it, it protects fish from the birds eye view and its kind of cool.

It's first shoot appeared this morning. One summer I put a little Buddha statue in it and now it's grown into the stump lol. Keeps a peaceful eye on my little watery kingdom.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_103729.jpg
    IMG_20200429_103729.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200429_103720.jpg
    IMG_20200429_103720.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 74

Ask a Question