j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry for you Haro.............are you a penny pincher from way back? I still pick them up if I see one on the ground..................I admit I am a penny pincher

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm warmer then anyone CE, besides Canada. It has warmed up from what it was but now it's snowing again. Snowed most of the day. :( Winter be gone!!!!:mooning:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh I must admit I too am ready for warmth and Spring to get here especially since it is back to the darn rain again. I want heat and dry now...............pretty please :love:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It will come jw, it will come, then we will post about how hot we are...................and dry or wet, storms lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Montana, if your weather banner is correct for what your temp is this morning (21F), I'm wayyyyy colder than you! Looks like I'm still at -4, but the end is hopefully in sight, as warmer temps are heading my way finally. Woohoo!!! (need my dancing banana again LOL) :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CE go to the thread called My first sword tail baby by John Huff and addy posted a link to a site where you can just copy and paste a link to the forum and you will have your dancing banana. Many banana's to choose from too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh man ... now I just need to make a file of them, and use them when I feel the need. Is that what you guys do, save them into a file, or just keep up that page to copy/paste from? There are sooo many, I'll get lost, so I guess I need to copy and paste my favorites into a new file for myself. Thanks!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I guess you could just copy and paste those img links and then label them CE and they would be there for you to use at the flick of your wrist. Today I was just keeping that site open and just going there quicklike and copying and pasting them right here. I have a bunch on photobucket but that is more time consuming to go and find them in there.

Reaction score
My iPad started crashing on me Monday night. I could go to this site but as soon as I tried to signin the screen would go blank. :mad: Everything I tried to do it would crash. Searched on my phone last night to see if I could find a fix for the problem. Score, simple fix I reset the iPad :wacky:. Seems to be working good now:D.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a bunch of plants that seemed to barely make it through other winters, even though sold there, rated for there. I am sure I will have plant loss, most likely dead to the ground then they will regrow. But if they don't then ow, put in something else. I have too many to baby plants. Survival of the fittest.............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm w/ ya on that one addy. If a plant can't make it then bye bye to the sky and replace it w/ Mr Hardy. I noticed that a Hebe bush that I bought years ago that died from the cold a few years ago when we had - 6 temps for a few days had left seeds behind and some grew near the pond and they all made it through this long extra cold we had lately. Wonder if it is cuz it is warmer by the pond cuz of the water?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw I don't have the time or desire to cover up plants, drape lights whatever you need to do to save them.
I do try to save the veg garden if we get a surprise freeze, Last spring it dropped to 27 one night then back up, the tomatoes had freeze damage, but they all came back just fine. So now even sort of ignore them too

Ask a Question