Hi from Montana!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mtpond, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mtpond

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Great looking waterfall, and great looking gals!

addy1, Oct 27, 2014
    Dave 54, mtpond and gardengirl like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. mtpond

mtpond

Today has been a month since I haven't worked. The first two weeks was really weird not getting up and going to work. I had been at that job for almost 17 years. Not quit retirement age but thinking I just might not go back to work.:)

mtpond, Dec 14, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. mtpond

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

I was at my job for 34 years, loved my work, then had to quit to move east and marry my wonderful sweetie. Not retirement age by a bunch of years. I kept thinking I would go back to work, well years later, like 6, I finally let my registry expire (a real big deal, once expired you have to retest in all of your registered specialties). I realized I was never going back to work. Life was wonderful without a job to worry about.

addy1, Dec 14, 2014
  4. mtpond

j.w I Love my Goldies

I have never thought back and said how I wish I was still out there in the working world..............imagine that :)

j.w, Dec 14, 2014
    Dave 54, mtpond and callingcolleen1 like this.
  5. mtpond

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

I am getting worn out and need a new body soon! I worked extra hard last night till after midnight cause someone did not show up last night. I wish I was retired and then I could just work night and day on the garden!

Then I could hang out here more and go for long walks with puppies!

Enjoy your Rest and Relaxation MyPond! :)

callingcolleen1, Dec 14, 2014
  6. mtpond

gardengirl

I have been in my career for 25 yrs. Dont know what i would do if i wasnt working sometime.

gardengirl, Dec 15, 2014
  7. mtpond

mtpond

I didn't think I would know what to do either if I didn't work but I'm finding things. I've been able to spend more time with my new grandson witch I'm loving. I'm able to help my daughter out by watching him during the week
    when they need someone. So far it's only amounted to a couple hours a week. If I'm not working this spring maybe I can get all this landscaping done that I've been wanting to get done since I put the pond in :). I have a lot of projects and now time to do them :D.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    mtpond, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54, j.w and callingcolleen1 like this.
  8. mtpond

rebelangel_3733

I haven't worked for the past 7 months since open heart surgery...miss the money but dont miss the b/s that went with the job let alone the overtime lol.

rebelangel_3733, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54, j.w, mtpond and 1 other person like this.
  9. mtpond

OMG I forgot you had that big surgery! Thank goodness at least you are still hear! Are you feeling lots better now Rebelangel?

callingcolleen1, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54 likes this.
  10. mtpond

rebelangel_3733

Muscles in the neck and chest are still tight and I'm not running and marathons but yup getting around pretty good. Thanks hopefully by next year this time this will all be a faint memory and I'll be like my normal running self!

rebelangel_3733, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54, j.w, mtpond and 1 other person like this.
  11. mtpond

Well your yard lights are sure nice this year and at least you can still manage the pond too. Next year you should feel much better as the body takes time to recover.

callingcolleen1, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54 and rebelangel_3733 like this.
  12. mtpond

mtpond

Glad to here your doing good rebelangel.
    I like not having to deal with the b/s too, my stress level is way down. I feel so much better physically and mentally since I haven't been at my job.:)

mtpond, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54 and callingcolleen1 like this.
  13. mtpond

j.w I Love my Goldies

Good to hear @rebelangel_3733 that you are improving more each day. Next year hopefully you will be better than ever!

j.w, Dec 15, 2014
    Dave 54 likes this.
  14. mtpond

CountryEscape

Wow, I missed the news about open heart surgery for you, Rebel! Glad to hear all is going well. In time, you will be better than ever before.
    I love my job. I worked as a legal secretary right out of college, that was my major. Then was a stay at home mom for 7 years, until both of my kids were in grade school. Worked 4 years as cashier at local car dealership, and loved the interaction with people. But, moved on to a State job, tons of benefits, excellent health insurance, and great attorney I work form I've been here for 20 years this coming August, and will retire from this job, God willing. Considering I am up to 22 days vacation, plus I get 3 personal days, and 1 sick day earned per month, oh and 12 holidays a year ... you add it up. Don't know of any other job that gives you 49 paid days off a year! LOL Oh, wait, maybe that's why Illinois is so broke, huh?! Well, it's not my fault, they gave it to me, and I'll take it! :) I am 56, and hope to retire by age 62, but we shall see. I won't be sitting around that's for sure. Either will get a part time job, or just volunteer. I will have all sorts of time to putz around the ponds and landscaping. Maybe I will have a totally new canvas to start all over and create in the years to come! ;)

CountryEscape, Dec 18, 2014
    Dave 54, j.w, callingcolleen1 and 2 others like this.
  15. mtpond

I would have to keep very busy too or I might feel lonely and depressed, but I could stay busy around the yard and keep gardening till I am really old, like over 80 old! I have a friend Emma, who is almost 80 years old and she was on the Garden show last year. That old lady has the best garden and even though her house is old and small, it is very neat and tidy and well kept. Emma looks just amazing too, she has such nice color in her cheeks and she is in such good shape. You have to stay busy getting older cause otherwise you might cease up. I find during the summer when I am very busy outside doing something somewhere in the garden, I feel so good and alive.

This next coming week should be warmer and I will be working on fixing up the greenhouse again. I do a little every day, before work.

callingcolleen1, Dec 18, 2014
    Dave 54 likes this.
  16. mtpond

mtpond

Yippee I finally saw all 12 of my fish this morning:). Half of my pond is still frozen and some of the fish are being shy and not coming out so that I can look them over. The ones that I have seen for the last week look fat and healthy. Planning on doing a water chance this week and suck out some of the pine needles that have sunk to the bottom of the pond. This winter we had some strong winds and a lot of pine needles fell on the pond. As the ice is melting I go out daily and net out the floating pine needles.:) Spring can't come fast enough for me!

mtpond, Feb 8, 2015
    CountryEscape, Dave 54, j.w and 3 others like this.
  17. mtpond

me too, can't wait for spring either! :)

callingcolleen1, Feb 8, 2015
    Dave 54 and Big Lou like this.
  18. mtpond

j.w I Love my Goldies

Spring was here today in full glory. Sun shining, birds bathing in the water, warm enough for shorts!

j.w, Feb 8, 2015
  19. mtpond

haver79

Lucky you JW!

haver79, Feb 8, 2015
    Dave 54 likes this.
  20. mtpond

Big Lou

Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
    So happy for you. Beautiful weather here also but a less than stellar Saturday. Chin is up as today was better.

Big Lou, Feb 9, 2015
    Dave 54 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question