j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wonder what it would be like for American Express to issue millions of new credit cards out? We are still waiting to be hacked. Nothing showing up yet. The guy at AE says no need to change cards. Why would he say that? I would think they would want to avoid the pain of having to deal w/ all who get scammed.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
j.w said:
Wonder what it would be like for American Express to issue millions of new credit cards out? We are still waiting to be hacked. Nothing showing up yet. The guy at AE says no need to change cards. Why would he say that? I would think they would want to avoid the pain of having to deal w/ all who get scammed.
We have been with AE over 33 years. Their fraud protection services are outstanding. Any time we have suspected fraud AE has suspended the individual transaction(s) and credited our account until resolved. There has been one or two instances inwhich we feared our AE was lost or stolen. AE immediately reissued us a new card that was received in 24 hours. With the Target hack being so large and on going I would not be surprised to learn that AE has implemented some sort of special process. This Target mess has to be a horrific nightmare for Target customers and credit/debit/charge institutions. Finally, if we had proof that our AE card was hacked at at Target we would insist AE issue us new cards......just saying.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No hacking on ours yet Lou so guess the procedure is to wait and see and then if get hacked get a new card. 24 hrs to wait for a niew card is no big deal.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CountryEscape said:
Agree with you, Addy. First time I was denied, I was mad. After learned why, I am happy! Let them deny my card anytime they want! It takes only a phone call to clear it. Can be embarrassing, but better to be embarrassed than to be taken advantage of!

Home depot said they are used to cards being denied, I usually call, just forgot. AE no issue, never denied, they don't seem to care if you are in a different state spending money. I go between those two, some on line places to not take dc. Both give great cash back, I sign up for the extra 5% they offer on different items every three months this time it is restaurants and movies, sometimes gas, food etc.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No discover card here,just AE. We use it for everything we can and get the cash back too. Love it!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I looked into discover card banking, they give you money back, for banking etc. Issue is moving all the bill pays, auto pays, deposits etc. I did it when I moved, had to go from wellsfargo to boa, since, at that time wellsfargo was not in maryland. What a pita to get it all set up, no errors. Still thinking on it, but have not moved forward yet.
So like the lack of charges for sending moneys, transferring money, cash back etc But but but a lot of stuff would need to be moved around.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well you can say it now jw! they won! as we all know lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all of my credit cards are protected .They call my cell phone and home phone if there is a purchase over 100 dollars.I added that onto them 6 months ago ,I would rather do that then put up with fraud .If I use the card I can add a code to my purchase to prove it is me if it is over 100 dollars ,plus if I go some where I call them .Better safe than sorry .I had it happen 4 years ago some one in Atlantic City tried to use my number around 1 am in the morning and it was caught because I had not called them and told them I was going to be there .I was home when the call came in so they knew I was not in Atlantic City .I found how they got the info too .Those room key cards can give them access to your info after you give the card back .So now I destroy the cards .You pay your room bill with a credit card and they have fun .I usually never give the card back but had done it that time ,never again no matter how they say it saves money to give them back .They are supposed to wipe them clean but some how they can still get it .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Colleen, I never noticed how much air came through around the doors and windows until the temps were below zero, and the winds were howling. I checked those same doors and windows when it was warmer, and winds were blowing, no notice of the air leaks. I think that cold just shrinks the wood and siding and allows more air to penetrate! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :LOL:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
yes CE that is right, and my house cracked, moaned and groaned and many drafts kept coming in from everywhere yesterday, and the wind was howling and blowing minus 39 with the wind chill, so I Just turned up the heat and blew air pressure outside so not too much cold could leak in then! The floor can be cold too, and then the back outer screen with glass door gets completely covered in frost, so you cannot see outside!! :sour: Can't wait for spring!! Ponds are froze pretty hard today too! :cyclops:

Ask a Question