Hi from NE Pennsylvania!

Reaction score
Country
United States
My husband and I built a pond and water feature last fall and over wintered a few goldfish. The pond is about 800 gallons and we have a waterfall and about 10 ft. of stream. This is all right next to our deck and it makes a beautiful relaxing place to sit. Our pond doesn't get a lot of sun, we have huge trees that shade it, but so far we are managing to grow some plants. Looking forward to meeting people with like interests and also learning from you all. Laura.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Hello, welcome.

Post some pictures of your pond!

Whereabouts in NEPA are you? I live in the Wilkes Barre area, but I'm moving to Hazleton next month.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and no matter how big or small a pond is you have to love the relaxing nature of them .Sad to say though once you start ponding you keep going bigger .;):)Was my neck of the woods growing up .We had a house in Berwick and Benton and my aunt still lives in Wilkes barre and have several cousins in Millville and South Williamsport .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Small world. I used to live in Berwick, my kids go to school in Benton, I used to drill outside of Williamsport with the national guard, and my parents live in Millville.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
grandparents used to live across the street from the Millville fair grounds .I used to go there every year as a child to go on the merry go round .My niece and nephew are emt's and my nieces husband is running for county coroner .My aunt and uncle live next door to the little league field .My sister in law works for amazon there .My cousin lives down the road from the berwick hospital
Small world. I used to live in Berwick, my kids go to school in Benton, I used to drill outside of Williamsport with the national guard, and my parents live in Millville.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! I was born in Penna, but left when my parents hauled me to MD as a 8 month old.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for such a great welcome, I live in Honesdale it is NE of Scranton. I moved her in 2000 from Vancouver Island, British Columbia! Went from a zone 8 to a 4/5, was a huge adjustment! My husband has lived her for 30 years. I had a pond in B.C. and loved it so pestered until I got one here, only took 14 years! Now my husband is as enthusiastic as I am! You are right Sissy...the pond has increased in size twice since the original tiny one a few years back. I will post pics, just have to take some new ones, the ones from last year are a little outdated, we built the deck and the gardens are a lot more lush this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Thank you for such a great welcome, I live in Honesdale it is NE of Scranton. I moved her in 2000 from Vancouver Island, British Columbia! Went from a zone 8 to a 4/5, was a huge adjustment! My husband has lived her for 30 years. I had a pond in B.C. and loved it so pestered until I got one here, only took 14 years! Now my husband is as enthusiastic as I am! You are right Sissy...the pond has increased in size twice since the original tiny one a few years back. I will post pics, just have to take some new ones, the ones from last year are a little outdated, we built the deck and the gardens are a lot more lush this year.

In case you wanted to know your exact zone, Honesdale is zone 5B. Here's a cool interactive map of the different plant hardiness zones: http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/InteractiveMap.aspx

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WOW zone 8 to zone 5 what a learning curve .I have family in Scranton also ,2 of my cousins live there .I have lost touch with them ,but guessing by what my other cousins say they still live there

Ask a Question