New member from Pennsylvania

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Hello all. I'm very new to garden ponds; in fact I just finished (well, not quite) mine yesterday. It's about 400 gallons. I have no prior experience with ponds. On a whim, I decided I'd build a pond on Sunday. I figured I'd post here and say hi before I start bombarding this site with a bunch of questions.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome max and have fun with your new pond .Never heard of sugar notch I am from pa originally up near Benton Berwick area and have aunt in South Williamsport Pa.Ask we enjoy it gives us something to do when we are not working on our ponds lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
shakaho said:
Welcome! Tell us about your pond.

Thanks. It's about 400 gallons-ish. It's shaped kind of like a figure-8 with a small waterfall at one end, powered by an 800 gph pump. I put a pot of bamboo, a pot of zebra grass, some water lettuce, some hyacinths, and some anacharis plants in. I also put twenty feeder comet goldfish in. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I haven't actually taken any of it yet!

sissy said:
welcome max and have fun with your new pond .Never heard of sugar notch I am from pa originally up near Benton Berwick area and have aunt in South Williamsport Pa.Ask we enjoy it gives us something to do when we are not working on our ponds lol

I never heard of Sugar Notch either until I moved here last year. It's south of Wilkes-Barre, around Nanticoke. I actually used to live in Berwick and my kids go to the Benton school district. I go to drills in Lewisburg, so I'm pretty familiar with Williamsport as well. Small world.

Well, since you enjoy questions, check out my first round of questions here. :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
max 384 my neice and nephew belong to fire and rescue there and my nieces hubby to be Jeremy Reese is running for Olga Stackhouse's job .My cousin lives in Nanticoke and my cousin Freddy lives in Berwick . Great memories of the Millville Fair and the Bloomsburg Fair and my grandma used to live on first street in Berwick Reading PA my parents used to go to the Reading Meat Terminal everytime we went to PA

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard! Since Sissy has so many kin folks around those parts of the woods I'll just say hello and never been there. LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I as born in PA raised in NJ retired to VA poor fools down here forgot to do border patrol and I got in:lol::lol::lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome to the group!

Frogswelcomev.gif

(born in pa LOL)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat, spent most of my adult life in arizona, just moved back to the east, I was raised in maryland though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:lol:fishin you don't know what your missing never having visited PA .I think I have been to every state just about in the good ole USA and love them all .Well avoid some in the winter (too cold winters to long) and then there states during some of the bad storms near the ocean including NJ .Love the ocean but I don't swim well and I sure as heck don't float well .Storm comes near any states near the ocean I am the first one to drown lol:lol::lol::lol::surfing:not me for sure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
addy1 said:
Neat, spent most of my adult life in arizona, just moved back to the east, I was raised in maryland though.

What part of AZ? I actually used to live in Kingman.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing max, lived in flagstaff getting my masters, then moved to the north west part of valley, phoenix/glendale while I lived there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Never had the chance to go to PA. Pretty much southern states my whole life. Been up some of the east coast through the mountains but never along the sea board. We are shooting to move toward North Ga, or Southern North Carolina if we can ever get away from here. Little cooler, Not too cold for too long, beautiful views, great clay for growing Koi and NASCAR country, what else could a man ask for? HMMMMMM Maybe a Harley???:lol:

Ask a Question