Hi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bungalow which has had a lot of building work done on it in the last few years, the back (south facing) garden is lovely as my wife has been tending to it.

I now have the front to do in which I am thinking of growing a wildlife friendly pond (I have had several ponds before), what I am not sure of is how to waterproof the bottom of a very irregular shape, and how to make sure there is a good slope for toads to get in and out, with creating an over flow at that point.

Can you use fibre glass or glued together strips of some sort of rubber? It would be totally inpractical to use a single liner or a moulded pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have seen toads access my pond on the end where the plant shelf is (it has potted plants on it) they seem to like to sit in the potted planters. I also have a piece of driftwood that is half on the land and half in the water where the plants are on the shelf (although I have never seen them using it)

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have tons of toads in my ponds during breeding season, they have no issues getting out. Cut down your edge to make a shallow shelf for rocks. The toads can climb up and out of the pond easily.

Welcome to our group!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suejhadley

Latest Threads