Hi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I’m new here
Can anyone Please identify my koi Iv had her a week now.

Attachments

• 63D30CB2-2077-4CDF-9BFE-C7BDE5050B15.jpeg
    63D30CB2-2077-4CDF-9BFE-C7BDE5050B15.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 0E67AC3D-B89C-4D37-B477-A0E9FE46EEFB.jpeg
    0E67AC3D-B89C-4D37-B477-A0E9FE46EEFB.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 334

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry I would not know one from the other all I know is koi have barbels and get huge and needs lots of aeration and lots of filtering of the pond water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry I would not know one from the other all I know is koi have barbels and get huge and needs lots of aeration and lots of filtering of the pond water
Thanks sissy for replying she is around 11inch at the moment, very friendly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome still very much in the learning process but a ginrin ogon possibly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if you teach them to hand feed they are great little social fish .Mine love to be petted like a dog .All the babies I give away I teach to hand feed before they go to new homes .This way people who take them get more interaction with them and will take better care of them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if you teach them to hand feed they are great little social fish .Mine love to be petted like a dog .All the babies I give away I teach to hand feed before they go to new homes .This way people who take them get more interaction with them and will take better care of them
Hi sissy
I’v only had her for 10 days, she was already had tame, I saw her at a garden centre they said she wasn’t forsale!, I noticed there was a dead sturgeon at the bottom of the tank!
2 weeks later we were passing and dropped in.... the dead sturgeon was still at the bottom and all the fish were unwell, I asked if I could buy her but they said she wasn’t forsale again!.
3 days later we offered double thankfully they accepted.... she has been in bacterad and the saw on her side we treated with an antiseptic anti fungal gel that seals the wound.....she is now back to good health and the saw is barley visible

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While it is special to have the koi eat from your hands it also makes them sitting ducks for prey. Having blue heron across the street everyday I have chosen to when we are at the pond sitting the koi will come right up to the edge of the pond but if I get up or anyone they dive for the deep end or caves if anyone stands at the pond edge they stay to the center. Once I get the net up i'll change that. and that is starting this weekend

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the dead sturgeon was still at the bottom and all the fish were unwell, I asked if I could buy her but they said she wasn’t forsale again

Ouch the sturgeon being dead even after you pointed it out , and days latter it was still there ? That is one pet store I would never visit again . The parasites the fungal infections that your poor fish was probably exposed to and unfortunately you probably just acclimated the new fish to your pond and now all your fish could be in jeopardy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While it is special to have the koi eat from your hands it also makes them sitting ducks for prey. Having blue heron across the street everyday I have chosen to when we are at the pond sitting the koi will come right up to the edge of the pond but if I get up or anyone they dive for the deep end or caves if anyone stands at the pond edge they stay to the center. Once I get the net up i'll change that. and that is starting this weekend
We have a solid roof frame that we put on overnight or when out to protect from predators, I do agree they are sitting targets though, I would be devastated if anything happened to her.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ouch the sturgeon being dead even after you pointed it out , and days latter it was still there ? That is one pet store I would never visit again . The parasites the fungal infections that your poor fish was probably exposed to and unfortunately you probably just acclimated the new fish to your pond and now all your fish could be in jeopardy.
We put her straight into a quarantine tank with bacterad in....and treated her wound on her side with an anteceptic, anti fungal, antibacterial,antiviral gel.
Her open wound is now healed and can hardly be seen.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you
She is very special
One way to get a photo of her would be to use a glass pan put it in the water shoot through the side it's the fish elevator in reverse

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads