How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Feels like ground hog movie to me each day. Go to bed, get up, eat, go for a bike ride or a walk, come home, eat, do same misc work around the property, house, eat, watch tv, go to bed...............do it all over again. Once a month maybe go to the grocery store and once a week or so mow the lawn.

Ho Hum
1594676226360.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Feels like ground hog movie to me each day. Go to bed, get up, eat, go for a bike ride or a walk, come home, eat, do same misc work around the property, house, eat, watch tv, go to bed...............do it all over again. Once a month maybe go to the grocery store and once a week or so mow the lawn.

Ho Hum View attachment 131822
lol that sounds like normal life!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
My best friend growing up, we went to college together, stood up for each other in our weddings....each had two little girls at the same time.....well, her youngest daughter 32, took her life a week ago :( She was living in Canada creating curriculum for Inuit communities, when the pandemic hit. She felt very isolated:(

Her long term relationship deviled problems and she spiraled into a depression . I'm just shaken to the core at the loss of this beautiful, vibrant young woman....crushing :(

I agree with you @j.w , it's starting to feel like Ground Hog Day !

On a positive pond note....I have an interesting outing planned for this Sunday. Years ago when our pond was built, the guy who did our pond introduced us to a man to developed water lilies. Well, today I was reading an article and he was mentioned, so I reached out to him! He remembered us and invited us over on Sunday and I'm going to buy some colorful water lilies he's developed :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
On a positive pond note....I have an interesting outing planned for this Sunday. Years ago when our pond was built, the guy who did our pond introduced us to a man to developed water lilies. Well, today I was reading an article and he was mentioned, so I reached out to him! He remembered us and invited us over on Sunday and I'm going to buy some colorful water lilies he's developed
How neat share some pictures of the ones he has developed! Maybe he will be overwhelmed with orders from here lol

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
My best friend growing up, we went to college together, stood up for each other in our weddings....each had two little girls at the same time.....well, her youngest daughter 32, took her life a week ago :( She was living in Canada creating curriculum for Inuit communities, when the pandemic hit. She felt very isolated:(

Her long term relationship deviled problems and she spiraled into a depression . I'm just shaken to the core at the loss of this beautiful, vibrant young woman....crushing :(

I agree with you @j.w , it's starting to feel like Ground Hog Day !

On a positive pond note....I have an interesting outing planned for this Sunday. Years ago when our pond was built, the guy who did our pond introduced us to a man to developed water lilies. Well, today I was reading an article and he was mentioned, so I reached out to him! He remembered us and invited us over on Sunday and I'm going to buy some colorful water lilies he's developed :)
that is terrible, I hope you can recover from this loss.

I wish I could give that a happy face and a sad face at the same time, cause the water lillies thing sounds amazing!

I recently found out one of our neigboors has a garden pond, beause I kept hearing waterfall sounds over the fence, I know they are very elderly and wish I could help them care for it :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I recently found out one of our neigboors has a garden pond, beause I kept hearing waterfall sounds over the fence, I know they are very elderly and wish I could help them care for it
Offer to help via a note if they need it. Tell them you will keep a good distance from them.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
How elderly is very elderly?
dont really know, as we have never interacted, but he looks like he may be mid 70s so not really old, but at the age where caring for a pond could become overwhelming

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is wonderful you are offering to help. Sometimes it is really needed. Sometimes not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
How neat share some pictures of the ones he has developed! Maybe he will be overwhelmed with orders from here lol

His name is Tony Moore. If you google his name you'll see he's been featured in magazine articles, sells for various water garden sites and has won awards for his hybridizing of water lilies.

I will certainly take pictures to share ! He told me he has plenty of styrofoam coolers for me to take my purchases home in. I'm pretty excited. I think I'll get my deck pond going and keep my purchases there to give them a strong start.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the young lady Tula . unfortunately those who suceed at suicide don't leave any markers they are that deep.into depression. Very sad .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Tula I sure know what you and her parents are going through and my heart goes out to you all. It is awful and as a parent you never really get over it you just get through it and deal w/it the best that you can. We go through a lot of times of "What if we only" thoughts. Depression can hit them hard but some are good at hiding it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't tell you how jealous I am of your bordum and mundane routines. I was working at one location where in the beginning days of this covid crap was one of the hottestes in the world. Got past that project and now I'm in even a hotter location as we had been notified there was a dozen cases adjoining our area and 150 just a few yards away. though I feel this is blown way out of proportion and has gotten political like everything else today it still gets very old wearing a mask half of my day. nyc had no deaths just yesterday. so they have found what works to get you through the fight. So why are we still hiding?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I don't wear a mask out walking or riding. Only they make us wear them at all the stores now, even at the garbage dump!

Ask a Question