How did you cook your turkey, if you had one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
6047D611-BEF6-4C5F-A7AF-EDFD5EB8AAE1.jpeg
34B7CF0E-9976-44F8-BBEA-B9C50F6EDD1A.jpeg
27BF1800-3BAA-4BC3-9C67-55416B457A1C.jpeg
Hey I am from the south...... If it ain't Fryed......It ain't Good

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How do you attach it to the turkey so it does not come off accidentally? And how would you get it out if it broke off whatever it is attached to? Maybe a wooden pole w/a hook on it to snatch it out before it cooked into nothingness?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can't answer for @Jimmy Gibson , but I've seen a special attachment that's made for this purpose. It reminded me of a hook and tackle assembly. I'm also guessing these turkey fryers come with a special set up to make lowering and raising the turkey safe.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How do you attach it to the turkey so it does not come off accidentally? And how would you get it out if it broke off whatever it is attached to? Maybe a wooden pole w/a hook on it to snatch it out before it cooked into nothingness?
My husband tried that deep frying pot one year, our had a tray with hole on the bottom and a long thing in the middle that held the bird straight up and was shaped like a hook at the top to lift/ lower the bird
That was by far the unhealthiest, and messiest way to cook a turkey I have ever seen, not to mention the amount of oil that it took ....I'm glad hubby tried it and agreed it wasn't for us

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My husband tried that deep frying pot one year, our had a tray with hole on the bottom and a long thing in the middle that held the bird straight up and was shaped like a hook at the top to lift/ lower the bird
That was by far the unhealthiest, and messiest way to cook a turkey I have ever seen, not to mention the amount of oil that it took ....I'm glad hubby tried it and agreed it wasn't for us
Gemma the pictures that I posted on here was from the week before Thanksgiving, Trial run..... We cooked two turkeys and one chicken......I then filtered the oil and put back in the containers....Thanksgiving morning I was heating up the oil at 5:00 am heating the oil up, the guys I work with found out I was frying turkeys and between six o'clock and noon we had fryed 7 turkeys and 2 chickens...... The thing about frying turkey is the oil is so hot that it seals the outside so it keeps all the moisture of the turkey inside.... It was a fun time lots of coffee in the early hours.... Then closer to noon some other beverages came out, but I agree with you one turkey is a complete waste of money..... 9 turkeys and 3 chickens on 4 gallons of peanut oil not bad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gemma the pictures that I posted on here was from the week before Thanksgiving, Trial run..... We cooked two turkeys and one chicken......I then filtered the oil and put back in the containers....Thanksgiving morning I was heating up the oil at 5:00 am heating the oil up, the guys I work with found out I was frying turkeys and between six o'clock and noon we had fryed 7 turkeys and 2 chickens...... The thing about frying turkey is the oil is so hot that it seals the outside so it keeps all the moisture of the turkey inside.... It was a fun time lots of coffee in the early hours.... Then closer to noon some other beverages came out, but I agree with you one turkey is a complete waste of money..... 9 turkeys and 3 chickens on 4 gallons of peanut oil not bad
Also bought a turkey frame goes in from the bottom and has a hook on the top, easy......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I always cook mine in an electric roasting pan. 15 minutes per pound, unstuffed, and usually that time is reduced about 20-30 minutes as long as I keep the lid closed. The skin doesn't get browned, but since I carve it before I serve it at the table, nobody really cares.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We don't eat the skin, so it can be whatever color. But smoking it gives it a nice brown tint.
Agree smoked 2 turkeys last bbq. You think roughly 70lbs or more would be enough with 60lbs of smoked brisket be enough for 40-50 people.. nope

Ask a Question