How do I determine how much to feed my fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
dieselplower said:
Ive gotta tell you, I dont think that is too much food for that many fish of that size. How much water would you say you are replacing a week? In a pond there is often food like algae, bugs, eggs, etc that fish can eat. Your pond isn't huge and those fish are all competing for that food, so it is spread pretty thin. I think, and believe me, Im no expert, that you can feed them that much as long as the water quality is good, although my only thought would be can you spread it out throughout the day, rather than all at once? I understand life is busy and feeding 4 times a day is not always practical or possible, but maybe once in the morning and once in the evening?
Hi dieselpower, sorry that I forgot to answer your question aboutr water loss. I am guessing that I am replacing about 20-30 gallons a week. I am not sure how to isolate the leak. I have one suspect which I will look into when I recover from 3 broken ribs, hopefully a couple more weeks.

Thanks again...........Ralph

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
From time to time we all have fish emergencies. pH crashes, sick fish, leaky ponds. Think about these in advance and form a plan for how you would deal with each of them given you tight schedule. They are a lot more manageable if you have a plan.

Ask a Question