How to get water to go OVER instead of UNDER rocks??

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
All spray foams expand. The key is not overly applying it. If sealing under a waterfall stone is the goal. Follow this procedure: Dry set stone to final desired position. Remove stone and lay about a 1/2" - 1" bead of foam the necessary length where rock will sit. Replace rock. Foam will expand blocking any passageway for water to travel under the stone. DO NOT overapply foam. This is the mistake many make. Lay a practice bead on a disposable piece or underlayment of liner first.
A little foam goes a long way.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If the waterfall stone that you are using is lightweight, it may be necessary to place a larger rock on top to hold it in place as the expanding foam will exert enough force to move small rocks.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ugh, I can't move that dang stone 1 more time. I might be able to tip it forward and do that.
I will have to do the heavy rock for the upper falls though since I will probably use lighter weight rocks for that one.
Thanks Meyer!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
to me it looks like your side rocks should be up higher .The liner should always go up on both sides and should never seat straight and flat .It almost needs to look like a U with the water coming out in the bottom of the U .If you had 6 inchs on each side higher with the liner going up the sides it would work right /

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
If you can show us then people can answer accurately , how its constructed ..
as i understood if its a stream , what uil need to do is create small damn a resistance and rocks should not be that big , see the top of rock and water level should be similer level then it should overflow see pics to get idea , altho in nature the volume is too much we cant mimic that , we can narrow the opening of water the channel to be visible more , what i used once were small air tight bags with sand in it to block and left small openin where i places rounded rock to let water overflow it and added rest rocks on bags to hide

images

images

images

images

Ask a Question