Hardiness Zone
7a
I never heard that
But i do know growing up in a family of 8,
I ate a lot faster to get more food

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you would think the opposite would be true, , if not from anything else.due to competition for food.. as long as water quality is maintained and they all eat enough i beleive growth variences should be minimal,... i grew up in a family of 8 also,D.C.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Coming from a scientific background and having worked in several Laboratories my opinion is; this could only be determined by conducting controlled tests. You would need a minumum of 2 identical ponds with the same water filtration system to control the water quality. Then weigh the fish in each pond prior to the experiment. Then using a measured amount of food daily, feed them for several months then weigh them again. Only then could you claim that one grows faster than the other. Beyond that, it is only speculation.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If Koiguy and me were like the test family of 8
My result was i ate the fastest and ended up the biggest in the family, some one had less food to eat everyday
what are your results KoiGuy ?

Reaction score
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
LOL!! I just woke up and still drowsy when I opened this up, so I guess my cracking up has invigorated me and awakened some of my housemates here. Anyway, I remember that I read that "phrase" on a free healthy pond tip on the net. they send you tips on your e-mail. I raised this question because I can't get over it and I can't figure out the reason. I think its more logical to believe that the LESS competition there is for the fish, the more chances it has to feed.... that's why I was incredulous about the statement and I gotta hear what the resident doctors' and some of the forum members here think. On the other hand, could it be that the more fish there is in a pond, the more aggressive they are in feeding? lol! :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
If Koiguy and me were like the test family of 8
My result was i ate the fastest and ended up the biggest in the family, some one had less food to eat everyday
what are your results KoiGuy ?

well i am 6' 10" &300 lbs so if i didnt get enough food.. i can only thank the lord for it!!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If he changes it to KoiGuyBig...KGB he would be like a Russian spy :)
So the unscientific test results are.....who ever eats the most grows the fastest

Ask a Question