HRDPE liner...who has used it and what's your opinion?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything.
I've always been an advocate of EPDM, but I'm considering HRDPE for my bog addition.
I know there are members here that have used HRDPE and if I recall, the only drawback was that it was kind of stiff and a bit harder to work with than EPDM.
It's claimed an underlayment is not neccessary. What's the consensus on that? I'm in northeastern PA and the soil (under the top soil) is clay. Should I do a layer of sand first or is that not necessary either?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used liner from here........... https://www.btlliners.com/aquaarmor

When I bought 10 years ago it was call ppl36. They did tell me I did not need a underliner if on dirt, but my dirt is shale with just a bit of dirt. I used some carpet pad under the liner. Still doing fine years later.

My steam is the same liner, I did double the liner, no underlayment. Deer walk on it all of the time, mainly winter, snacking on the plants. The stream is still doing fine, no leaks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have thought of using it for my rain capture system the 3000 gallon underground storage I donr believe it sweats as easily as rubber. and it will be close to tree roots

Ask a Question