I can see clearly now.... the algae's gone...

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah and that seems to be the consensus on the aerators, good for the fish. I know I need more plants next year but in doing research on algae blooms, once I take the fish out of the equation, it seemed like dead water was the cause so I need to (to quote Madagascar) move it, move it. LOL
I am being led to believe that with my steep sides, hot summers, and no shade that I will fight algae a lot. So I need to prepare for lots more plants and more water movement... I think
(I apologize I didn't mean to get this topic going in both places)

Reaction score
Well I don't know if it's the cold weather and reduced sunlight, or the bog being online with pump running 24hrs a day, or a combination of both, but my water has cleared-up enough to see most of the rocks, and almost the bottom at 4 feet deep.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I don't know if it's the cold weather and reduced sunlight, or the bog being online with pump running 24hrs a day, or a combination of both, but my water has cleared-up enough to see most of the rocks, and almost the bottom at 4 feet deep.
Mine is cloudy when I first turn it on in the spring, within a few days it is clear and stays clear all summer.

Glad your pond is clear!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads