I CAN SEE the BOTTOM and the fish!

Reaction score
That title sounded like me 2 weeks ago lol.
What with muck from all the rain getting washed in and alge turning the water green i was having a right battle.

After speaking to a local shop and him testing my water ( which is spot on), the remedy was a bigger UV and a pond vac, he presto clear water that looks good enough to drink ..

fishrich

Rich
Reaction score
The long overdue photo. Still clear by the way. Rain causes havoc.
Ive got to catch afew of those fish myself, the ones i do not want to catch are not bothered by the net at all, but the ones which I'm after are gone as son as the nets in, and no food will entice them. I tryed making a net screen which was floating at the top and weighted at bottom- to make the pond area smaller, but the fish would nip round the gaps at the sides. I wll now resort to one of those mega nets on a pole.
Just had a small ish black fish which i thought was a grass carp turn nearly all white with some black and fuzy red down the top. Interesting to see what it turns out to be as it gets bigger. ( not very good at reconising what these small black things are as they swim around. Not more goldfish!!! :surprised:

Attachments

• 2012 015.jpg
    2012 015.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 330

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pretty fish! and great looking water too

Reaction score
I had alot of issues last year than i got serious with a real filter and waterfall. It was not even 2 days later my water was mint. I over killed the fliter and pu,mps so i could over feed my fish if i want to in the warm months, I am running a mag 24 and another 1200 gallons per hour pump. I have a alpine 3000 pressure filter with ulv light and i am crystall clear

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gorgeous fish! Great water too! I almost wish the bottom of my pond was green so it would be easier to see my fish!

Ask a Question