idears on fillter

lee

Reaction score
hi all i have this cold water tank that i fort i would use on my new pond as a fillter any idears on what filtration i should do with it here are some pics View attachment 4757[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Photo0354.jpg
    Photo0354.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Photo0352.jpg
    Photo0352.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Photo0353.jpg
    Photo0353.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 330

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice big size lee, you could fill it with scrubbies or whatever and flow the water through it.

lee

Reaction score
ok then this is what i have in mind to do to mine but not sure if it will work tho

Attachments

• pond and fillter set up.png
    pond and fillter set up.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 604
  • filter.png
    filter.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Interesting design , most use the pump to pump from pond into the filter. You want to pump from filter into the pond . Thats the way folks who use a settling chamber do it I belive .You might whant to look into adding one .With right size piping , pump and correct water levels it should work. Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
Lee ,

Those of use who pump from pond to filter with gravity return need to insure that the return can handle more water than the pump is putting into the filter . In your case you need to insure that the feed to the filter can supply more water to the filter than the pump can pump out of the filter .

lee

Reaction score
thanks jupiter1 i will bear that in mind am sure thay is a hickup sumwere in it and i ant going to use a big pump as it is only to do the water fall but fingers crossed that it will work

Ask a Question