Is there an app for that -- creating a chart/graph of your water test results?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I keep a record of all my water parameter tests in a small spreadsheet app I have on my iPad. It's a pretty simple app, and I think it does graphs & charts, but would only list one test at a time.

Does anyone know if there is an app specifically aimed at keeping a [visual & "virtual"] record where you can have all the parameters show up on a chart, and be all on the same chart? The only thing I found that looks close were several apps that were dependent on use of a particular product. I'd like something where I can manually enter the information that I get when I test.

This is WAY over-simplified, but an example, none the less. Some that would let you "see" what's going on and the relationships that all the various parameters have on each other.......
image.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@addy1 The 2nd one got the better reviews. I wonder if the API one will have to interface with a "device." Meaning, there were a couple I looked at where their unit or device was [I think] a stand-alone hand-held testing device type thing -- or that's the impression I got reading about them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't test enough to ever use one. Think I tested the water twice this summer. I used to, years ago, but got bored with it, all was normal normal normal.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I would personally just write a custom arm into open office and put that on the tablet. Just make sure you scrap the first 30 files and last 5 of the office spreadsheet standalone so that it runs independently of the suite itself.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I don't test enough to ever use one. Think I tested the water twice this summer. I used to, years ago, but got bored with it, all was normal normal normal.
I know this is probably reckless but, I just rely on the fish to know when things are going wary. I am certain that they do know better than I do what they will and wont put up with. Note that that approach takes much more persistence and proactive monitoring but at the same time you look at the fish everyday anyways so I have just learnt to watch for subtle changes in temperament and clues of sickness. Plus I am skeptical of the accuracy of the testing kits as I have tested three times back to back and got a different reading from the same sample area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd be happy to send you my Apple Numbers spreadsheet that I use. It does kind of what you want. I have one graph with the nitrogen cycle (including Nitrate) and another with pH, KH, GH. The key is to have just two axis variables, so two graphs work well for this. (Ammonia & nitrite share a range, Nitrate on another).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I would personally just write a custom arm into open office and put that on the tablet. Just make sure you scrap the first 30 files and last 5 of the office spreadsheet standalone so that it runs independently of the suite itself.
you are speaking english?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

I am basically with Addy on this. In established ponds (2 years old+) where chemical/biological treatments are never or rarely used, frequent testing is not necessary.
For the clients that I provide recurring service and that request it, I will test seasonally (quarterly). It is based on these test results that go back many years that I have concluded that frequent testing is not required. Ponds will attain a level of stability that may fluctuate daily and seasonally but these fluctuations are consistent. This is not to say that I won't test immediately if I suspect a water quality issue.
A software program for tracking test results would just take up valuable space on my pc hard drive that could be better utilized. Nope, don't own a hand-held.

Ask a Question