just finished the pond

Reaction score
new to forum, my first pond. est 3700 gallons, flexflow skimmer, 36w UV. Did not use any silicone anywhere, skimmer sits inside firestone 45mil epdm liner and no waterfall weir used. 4500gph pump with 1in plumbing. pond is now 5 days old, cant wait for fish.

whats do you guys think???

Reaction score
i just got out the old tape measure for the hell of it. im at 14ft across either way. 3ft max. so i probably 3000 to 3500 gallons.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
objec said:
i just got out the old tape measure for the hell of it. im at 14ft across either way. 3ft max. so i probably 3000 to 3500 gallons.

alot less if you have tiers and or a small 3' area, 15' round with a flat 15' round 32" deep is 3600 gals, but it looks fantastic.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
alot less if you have tiers and or a small 3' area, 15' round with a flat 15' round 32" deep is 3600 gals, but it looks fantastic.

whatever. as long as it holds water.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its just that you should know pretty close to what it really is so when you add anything like water treatments or whatever,you dont overdose the pond and hurt your fish or plants, i wasnt being critical or anything

Reaction score
well you have the measurements now, what would you say? i used the pond volume calculators that are offered by the online pond supply sites. two opinions is better than one i say.

14ft ovalish pond, 1.5ft drop on 1st tear, 1.5ft on next, 1.5 to 1ft selfs partially around.
upper pool is 3ft wide, 2ft deep. plus a very large skimmer box.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Your pond looks good OBJEC ...What kind of filter do you have ?
Koi or gold fish ? my roots go back to chicago.

Reaction score
objec said:

and 3 5-6in koi, ill wait still summer to get 2 more, i want some big ones.

Nice looking pond!

You sure you're just going to get 2 more? If I were you, temptation is too great. I would buy lots and lots of Koi. :)

They look amazing swimming in a school and eating together at the same time. Koi feeding frenzy... impressive.

Reaction score
people do say that, but i want to spend more time enjoying my pond and if i get to many fish ill be cleaning it all the time. i think i just want a couple big guys in there. and i want some nice plants also.

it is very cool seeing alot of them together though. i could not believe it the first time i saw koi being feed.

Ask a Question