Just joined, and I am full of questions.

Merlin

Pond noob
Reaction score
My better half and I recent bought our first house and I have gone crazy in the garden. The house use to be a rectory for a local cathloic church and the first Preist that lived there did some great things with the land scape. In the last couple of years, the church switched preists and the previous inhabitants failed to keep up with the garden.

In my first days here I started digging out the front bed and was removing huge crapemyrtle stumps and whatnot and decided, since its all dug out, might as well throw in a pond.

Bad idea, am I right.

I found a liner on sale at lowes for $20 and stuck it in the stump hole that i had.
A couple days later i had a bunch of rocks, a 300gph ebay pump and a handful of creativity.

img1242784127227.jpg

This is the current look. still sorting out a few things. don't mind the hose.

img1242784159221.jpg

img1242784187537.jpg

And this is what it was...

SDC10179.jpg

Merlin

Pond noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I keep looking at that pond and keep thinking to myself " I shoulda just made it alot bigger"

Actually, I should have taken over the entire flower bed, would have saved me from going out there and watering every night....

Ask a Question