Just joined, my UK pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20210607_200051.jpg
IMG_20210607_200218.jpg
Hi everyone, I have just joined and will doubtless be asking lots of advice going forward. I thought I'd post a couple of photos of the pond today. One of the pond and one down the waterfall I am finishing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey..is that a Japanese maple there...?
we have one..never thought about putting it in the pond...nice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Yes it's a Japanese maple, it's not in the pond, it's very close to it. I bought it as a reduced to clear twig about ten years ago and it took off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was going to comment; pond? What pond? You've posted a pic of a tree in a natural water saucer!! Then I saw the next pics! I WILL say; nice Japanese maple!!!

J/k

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those Japanese Maples are gorgeous but if they are too close to your pond boy can they make a mess! Oh yes I know. Had to put extra fine netting over my wide weave netting in the spot near that Maple of mine to stop the leaves from all going right into the pond. It worked but a few still make their way in there but not as bad as it was!

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_9509.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Just realized old post! LOL! Anyway, j.w., your pond is beautiful! I still can't get over that palm. I didn't know they grew in Washington!

Ask a Question