addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice! A lot fancier than my bog! I ended up with no clean out pipes sticking up, do have a clean out drain, turned it on once, only clean water came out, it has been closed since.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
THE ONLY THING ID MENTION IS I PUT MY CENTIPEDE AT A GOOD ANGLE TO ONE SIDE FOR SEDIMENT TO ACUMULATE IN THAT AREA. IF IM SEEING THIS RIGHT YOU HAVE 3 SNORKEL TUBES FOR CLEANING ?
AQUA BLOCKS AND GRAVEL ABOVE STILL GET INSTALLED LEVEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have shown 3 snorkel pipes. Each of the 6 sections that make up the filter tunnel has a fitting to allow one to be fitted. I may just fit 2 I'm not sure.

R

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't understand the desire for three clean outs like i said pitch the centipede and one is all you need at like 500 a piece i don't see the benefit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The proposed tunnel system is vastly cheaper (£400) and with much more capacity (See link on previous posts) than buying a Aquascape centipede and snorkel (approx £1000) certainly in the UK. The presence of the 2/3 snorkel pipes is simple each section (6 in all) of tunnel has an ability to for a 160mm pipe to be fitted and so doing 2 costs little more than doing 1.

R

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But they eat up valuable area for the pea stone / bacteria media thus reducing effectiveness and needing a larger a space. I did not use the aquascape snorkel and centipede for one reason I had 24 Inch double walled culvert available to me. I cut slots into the horizontal tube its in the blog below. "Going for it "

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I accept what you say about taking up valuable space and I will adjust my plans accordingly. Thank you for your advice.

Regards

Richard

Ask a Question