KKIS.. keeping kids in school

Reaction score
I joined the local KKIS program here and it is so rewarding. We gather school supplies and deliver them to the children in the jungle schools who cannot afford them. It is a wonderful organization.

DSCF1514_zps710f76dc.jpg

DSCF1547_zps61c44020.jpg

DSCF1578_zpsbd5d757f.jpg

DSCF1584_zpsc6c12c90.jpg

school1074_zps93241ced.jpg

kkis2158_zps7a36c063.jpg

kkis2078_zps8fb94127.jpg

kkis2113_zpsdf19a27c.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How nice of you to donate your time and effort into such a good program for the kids. This will bring much happiness and hope for them and their parents. Bet you are good w/the kids and will make many friends of them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is wonderful, what a great thing to help out with

Reaction score
The books that the government supply for free are a typical boondoggle. The first grade math book opens with questions... Hello.. they can't read yet.

The books they need cost $30.00 each, more than a days pay here. Right when they need clothes and shoes the tourism dies and the parent's salary drops by 80%.

A lot of organization goes into this as each grade requires different items in the backpacks, These are truly a bunch of wonderful ladies that do this. A side benefit is that they are coming over today for some of my special cookies.. LOL.

Kimberly on the right is drop dead gorgeous, about 5' 11" , really pretty. She said she was going to Kixten on 5th Avenue and I met her there. After a while, I turned and she was just gone. I found out later she had told me she would be right back, had to go charge her cell phone. When I saw that she was gone, I left. She returned and actually went out to the street looking for me, be still my heart.

kkis2039_zpsdebd77d4.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like that you are still shopping and not hurrying into any one relationship. She is very pretty.

Hoping you all have great success w/ the school supplies for the kids!

Reaction score
Thank you JW, after an initial withdrawal of loneliness, I am now a lot more relaxed. There have actually been 14 different women in my life in the past 3 months, so obviously I'm not desperate or in a hurry.

Still... Kimberly is very special. I won't entertain any grand ideas, but the fantasy is nice indeed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very good to hear and somewhere among those you meet will be the perfect one for you or hey you may just choose to be a bachelor and enjoy the company of many wonderful ladies throughout your lifetime. The world is full of surprise's :)

Reaction score
Very good to hear and somewhere among those you meet will be the perfect one for you or hey you may just choose to be a bachelor and enjoy the company of many wonderful ladies throughout your lifetime. The world is full of surprise's :)

Well I like the sound of that, on the surface, it sounds and feels real good.

But I like the breathing next to me at night, I can feel it, the consistency of just one person who will always have your back without a question asked, but also excites you the moment that she draws near, or walks away.

To say, "I am yours, and you are mine." and there is no question about that, because we know that we would always treat the other with the utmost of respect and have not lost or surrendered an ounce of our soul, our heart, that we did not willingly give this..

I crave one woman and I will never give up seeking her.

She will come.

What a world.

Reaction score
She is married when she told me that she wasn't, according to her two friends that were here.

She is also dating the lead player in a local band here which leads me to think that no matter how good it looks, this is the danger zone for my heart. I'll keep looking.

I don't do married women.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Keep your guard up and good for you on not dating the married ones. No need to go looking for trouble. The right one is out there somewhere just waiting for you.

Reaction score
Well the BIG delivery was yesterday. A lot of the kids weren't there, so we will be back Friday to complete it. I will begin teaching English to the elementary students the 26th.

I think the girl in the purple is probably a young JW...

DSCF1839_zps5ee6f439.jpg

DSCF1841_zps071bc2a5.jpg

DSCF1841_zps4469ead7.jpg

DSCF1847_zpsa481d0f5.jpg

DSCF1853_zps5b95c222.jpg

Reaction score
By the way JW, I have found her. Gloria is my age, she attended Cambridge University in London and was immediately hired by the United Nations as an ambassador for women's rights. Her first assignment was the Congo, fighting female genital mutilation. Then on to Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Amsterdam, Paris, Egypt, Rome and Spain. I have moved in with her in her nice condo in Playa Del Carmen. She is an absolutely wonderful woman.

DSCF1827_zps6af8b738.jpg

Ask a Question