KKIS.. keeping kids in school

Reaction score
We whipped up a batch of my famous Dad's Cosmic Cookies. They were way too good, will cut them in quarters the next time.

cookies009_zpsa034ee57.jpg

cookies010_zpscae16049.jpg

cookies011_zps76816463.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha about the girl in purple. Yes that would be me, sitting there thinking lets get on w/ this stuff so I can get outta here and get on w/my life of playing in the dirt :)

Boy that was fast on finding your 100% keeping woman by your side night and day forever! She looks and sounds very nice and really has some good goals going on there. She sure sounds like a good one and also to you congrats on now becoming a teacher. Oh boy the stories you will have to tell in the near future about your exciting life w/ all that is going on. Will you be traveling a lot now cuz Gloria sounds like she is a real go getter on her travelings for the different causes she supports?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, those cookies look yummy and what is that green shredded leafy looking ingredient sprinkled in there

Reaction score
We will probably move to the mountains of Oaxaca very soon. It is beautiful there and just google Oaxaca red hair,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well I googled and it came up w/a half lady w/red hair and half colorful horse!
Wow things are changing for you fast like to say the least :rolleyes:
What will you do w/ your place? You had it so nicely fixed up.

Reaction score
We will give this at least 6 months to see if we will last. At that time, I'll list it for sale as you cannot rent in Paamul. I have the best location, very private so it should sell for a good price. This is all speculative as we really like it and may decide to keep it. Gloria also has a nice condo in Barcelona that she is letting her mother in law live in, she has been a widow for 2 1/2 years. I like Mexico, the cost of living is much lower and it is beautiful here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish for you the best in life and sure hope it works out for you this time so you can have your forever love. You are living the dream that lots of us would prolly love to enjoy there in that magnificent land of tropical beauty and excitement. Now don't go away from us for too long cuz you are having so much fun and fill us in on your exciting life you get to live :)

Reaction score
Oaxaca will be a major change if we make it. The mountains there are beautiful and the city has very old, historic buildings and churches. The open air markets are full of locally grown produce and are very cheap compared to here. We can still have the beach if we want, a three hour drive but I've pretty much had my fill of beach lately. Whatever happens, I do love Mexico.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds very exciting and lots more for you to explore. You will have to take pix of all the old historic sites and post so we can all enjoy them. Do you have to be more careful when you move to the mountains regarding your safety? Would be nice to keep your place by the beach for a little getaway now and then when you want a change in scenery.

Reaction score
Oaxaca is far from the gang and drug related crime of the northern states. In 2006 there was political turmoil which is far over with. No travel warnings exist for Oaxaca, the normal precautions, "Don't wear a lot of expensive jewelry, don't walk alone at night. etc." My main belief is "Don't look or act like a target." A would be thief sizes up his potential victim and will not chose a hard target, confidence and common sense help, but Oaxaca is safe. http://traveltips.usatoday.com/travel-safety-oaxaca-mexico-103844.html

Rent in Paamul is $640.00 per month. We will be looking online and go there next month. If we see several attractive properties, I can sell the palapa for about $65,000.00 which will buy a palace in Oaxaca. But, that is not what we want. A small, nice and comfortable hacienda in the old Mexican style with a large yard. Paamul has many restrictions and there is no soil, only sand and the coral under layer. Coconut grow well, but that's about it. We want a garden with vegetables and chickens for fresh eggs, neither of which we can have in Paamul. As usual, the only listings online are the expensive ones, we will call a local realtor before we leave to show us more of what we are interested in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...3IKfW8AHG9oCYBg&ved=0CBsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

And JW, here are the pics of the Oaxacan red hair I spoke of.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Cool then it looks like you are good to go there. It sounds so exciting. Bet you will find something just perfect for the both of you. Maybe take pix of the places you take a look at to buy and show us here. We like to dream :cool:

Maybe there could be a pond in your future or maybe too many fish eating creatures up in the mountains. You need a little spot w/ flowing water in your yard to sit by and enjoy your drinks and your red hair ;)

Ask a Question