sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
she is a keeper thats why I try to keep pond clean and healthy for them and the things we all do for our pets .They have it made when it comes to care and love .

Reaction score
DoDad said:
The 4th one looks like a Doitsu Gin Matsuba Ogon - Shiny silver with doitsu scalation but Matsuba-type scales.
The one I have is like the third one

Actually I think she is classified as a Doitsu Hariwake. If you look she has yellow patches on the sides. Scaleless except along the back fin. But I also wonder if she would be called a Doitsu Kin Matsuba because the back scales are black instead of her regular body style.

See this is where I and others get confused. So many combinations to choose from. LOL

All I know is that she is one of my favorites and love how she looks. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
RSFish, I love Ghost, the blue butterfly! And Skeletor is beautiful, so unique, or at least to me, since I've yet to see any nicer Koi than what I just saw on this post. Thanks everyone for sharing! Aunt Ag is a doll, too! :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Moved fish last weekend as the pond is still leaking. They were going to be sold any way so now they can help with the financing of the rebuild. Shame they won't get to enjoy it!
I found one small fish that got moved right back to the pond as I have never seen a koi like this. The color looks almost purple in the sunlight and the scales look like they have ridges.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 290
Reaction score
Very nice herd! Blues and Yellow/Black are always some of my favorite color combos. The weekend after this one my whole herd comes out to be photographed and sorted. Can't wait!
Is the one Koi purple all over or just in patches? Sounds very interesting. Hopefully you can take a couple of photos. Goromos come in purple patches.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well, had another 5 go out today so more $$ for the rebuild. I admit I took a few (6-8) out of the sale tanks & put them in the pond. Hopefully hubby won't notice! Moved the Savio waterfall filter to the new pond to help with the overload of fish and will move the Alpine filter also as the old pond just has plants. I am going to try to place the fish that will be sold in the old pond once it is rebuilt to keep it easier to catch them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just say what fish dear? lol great job mrsclem and nice looking fish you have there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Our new Koi add from our koi farm trip. The showa is my favorite!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 245
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 251

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know those are Koi and they are beauties but I sure wish I could find some Shubbies that look like those :banana:

Ask a Question