Koi photos only

Reaction score
Sorry. The second picture is Ghost. The 4th picture is Skeletor. The 3rd picture is MM. Short for Michael Myers from Halloween with his orange and black coloring.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
RSFish1 said:
Here are just a few of mine. Photos are from last year. Much better photos will come in the next month or so.
Nice fish!!!

1 is a Chagoi
2 is a Kujaku - I really like that fishes net pattern
3 is a Aka matsuba
4 I'll let DoDad name that one, I agree Doitsu Matsuba, The Ogon I am not sure on I thought Ogon was a full scaled fish not Doitsu but I could easily be wrong as I'm only on my third year at Identifing Koi
5 is a Tancko sanke I just learned the difference in a showa and sanke recently, The pectorials have stripes on most sanke where as on most Showa will Have a patch on the pectorial fins. Sanke are scaled where Doitsu Showa are scaless, Sanke start their color from about mid body up where a showa starts lower on the belly and may actually touch from one side to the other. I stand corrected on this if I'm wrong, Like I said I'm really just getting started and I primarily collect butterfly koi so I have to do alot of comparing to try and figure out what they may possibly do. Sure wish they had a Koi/Goldfish club or show around here, I would sure love to go see them judging koi.

Reaction score
sissy said:
this is my Auntie Ag I call her the tank she is my biggest fish and few of her playmates too
wow that pond comet next to aunt ag is amazing with such vibrant color, what are you feeding your gorgeous fish

RSFish1 said:
Here are just a few of mine. Photos are from last year. Much better photos will come in the next month or so.
i love the one in the 5th picture is has such pretty fins, is it a tancho bekko/utsuri

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The Showa must have the 3 colors on its head. white(Shiro), red(Aka) and black.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all the get is the tetra koi enhancing diet in stick form fresh fruit and other snacks like the blueberry flavor orange and strawberry flavor food koi gormet food 2.79 a bag at pet mountain or that fish place online .smells yummy too even to people .my great nephew came here last summer and he wanted to eat it he is only 2 years old( talal) and I like skeletor would really like one like that very pretty .

Reaction score
Here are a few more from the herd. These are the last ones that I have pictures of here at work. The first one is Spot, picture 2 is Bandit and the 3rd one is Blackie. Yeah I know. Real creative names. LOL

Attachments

• Spot.JPG
    Spot.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Bandit.JPG
    Bandit.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Blackie.JPG
    Blackie.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 254

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
RSFish1 said:
Here are a few more from the herd. These are the last ones that I have pictures of here at work. The first one is Spot, picture 2 is Bandit and the 3rd one is Blackie. Yeah I know. Real creative names. LOL
1)- Shiro Bekko?
2) ?kikoryu I like this one too!
3)-Karasa?
LOL, this is how I learn them, Try and identify and see if I'm right or wrong. i have a few books and then try to use the Internet and ebay when I can, I know some dealers are good at naming them, some aren't so that in itself is a challenge.
Once you start collecting them it's so hard not to learn what they are and what they can potentially be.

Reaction score
Here are a couple of my favorite places to look up koi identifications. But what I have learnt is that some people call one koi a certain type and then someone else will call it a different name and both be right. It seems for some there are a couple of names out there that are used for some. Take a look at the following links.
http://www.cnykoi.com/koiid/main.asp
http://www.koivillage.com/koiid/pg2.htm

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
RSFish1 said:
Here are a couple of my favorite places to look up koi identifications. But what I have learnt is that some people call one koi a certain type and then someone else will call it a different name and both be right. It seems for some there are a couple of names out there that are used for some. Take a look at the following links.
http://www.cnykoi.com/koiid/main.asp
http://www.koivillage.com/koiid/pg2.htm

Thanks! That second one that has the koi in alphabetical order is really a nice refrence! I'll for sure put that one to use!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the second one seems pics are better and closer up and give a better idea

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
easy seems fish just naturally like fruit mine just attack watermellon and they love blueberry's and strawberries .I like to watch them chase a lettuce leaf around the pond funny to watch .They like a change too but not to much of a change .They like the shrimp I buy them also .I try to give them a variety and they seem to like it .I just make sure to never overfeed them as that makes the pond harder to keep clean .They are just the most social little finned friends to have .People get a kick out of how Agie comes out of the water and kisses them on the cheek of course when you ask her nice and then give her some special treat for doing it .no bribe no kiss lol

Ask a Question