Photos of my yellow/white koi

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here are a few of photos of the new koi I bought a few weeks ago. He is doing great. This was the same day I bought a platinum koi but I have not seen him at all, so not a good out come there. But at least this little guy is doing good.

All with my phone

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

TgM

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6a
Country
United States
Nice pics. This guy of mine looks similar,old bad pic tho.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Lovely fish! I wrote our local fish hatchery about a butter fly and they responded honestly that is hasn't been a good selection this year....oh well, there's always next year!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice looking fish! The white fish sure do show up nice in dark pond water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey Fishylove, Thanks for the advice and I'm sure your right about them getting along. I guess it was a little tongue in cheek in that I have always been a goldfish person. It's not so much how they would feel but in reality how would it affect me. Just curious how big is your pond? I have 28 fish in about a 600-700 gallon pond and I expect a lot of the current fish to keep growing. I'm not sure if the pond could handle a koi and to me it's too small right now. I have always wanted to enlarge it but I have tried it before and it could reignite spousal wars if I tried it again. If you have ever watched "Game of Thrones" that's nothing compared to what could happen here. Now my wife is saying I could make the pond larger but she wants a new kitchen first so you can kind of see what I am going though here. I have seen where people have mixed in just butterfly koi with goldfish and I heard it makes for a good combination, so I am intrigued by the idea of maybe adding a really pretty koi. I am probably the typical ponder. All my fish are healthy and the pond is running really well with no issues at all so I feel compelled to do something to screw it up!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
yes small koi are gutsy little fish especially at feeding time , I'be seen them swim over the nose of our largest koi to get to a tasy morsal on many occiasions .

Dave
My little fella will not be denied, he tangles with the big boys. He swims under them, over them but once he gets some food he goes off to eat it.

Ask a Question