Koi Pond newbie.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think when the day comes to sell my home, I will re home my fish and fill in the pond and landscape the area. I'll not have any worries over how my beloved fish are being cared for.....hopefully, this is no time in the near future - lol!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive responses and being so welcoming. Its amazing how many forums can be so arrogant towards newbies.

I'm feeding small amounts frequently, there's no excess food.

I wasn't a aware of having to change the water, not sure how much should be changed and how often.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Iv had a brief read on the nitrogen cycle in a fish pond and think iv got the gist. I'm gonna try stop feeding for few days. Keep clearing the filter every few days and see what happens after a couple of weeks. I run my surface skimmer daily and clear the debris. The only way I can try and control the ammonia until the bacteria catch up is stop feeding.

I was just puzzled as why it cleared straight away after installing the pump and uv filter and now its not doing the job as it did immediately after installation.

When we viewed the property, the pond was a feature that I fell in love with as soon as I had seen it. My wife wanted to convert it to a hot tub, but as a carp angler and my love for carp in general, that was never going to happen and the opportunity to have my own could not be missed.

Thanks again

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Usually it is between 5 and 10 percent water change but that can depend on how much rain you get also .I do it once a month and sometimes less since i forget to do it .Crushed oyster shells help's keep your ph stable

Attachments

• pond parts 019.JPG
    pond parts 019.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 278

Ask a Question