Is Koi Pond or waterscape Coating same or simmilar to Truck Bed Liner?

Reaction score
Country
United States
In long-term pond sealing it seems that the thicker, more elastic coatings sold as pond lining are very similar to higher quality truck bed liners. In researching and trying high and low grades of pond coatings I see similarities. The poor grades are urethane, polyurethane,a liquid rubbery compounds and asphalt. Good grades are always polyurea or polyurea hybrid. I've repaired a pond with cascade that supposedly had spray-lining called Line-X applied (a polyurea). Line-X appears to be in truck bed liner with a few polyurea types, all of which appeared similar. I re-coated over cracks and leaks with a thicker layer of Seal Tite from Spray-Lining & Coatings which also looked the same except is a more flexible polyurea. Seal Tite is aquatic safe, NSF/ANSI 61 Standards [Drinking water safe] aquaticLIFE™ but SL&C also makes truck bed, jeep, trailer, etc linings which look same except it too is more flexible. Does anyone here have experience with similarities or differences in truck bed vs pond lining coatings?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In long-term pond sealing it seems that the thicker, more elastic coatings sold as pond lining are very similar to higher quality truck bed liners. In researching and trying high and low grades of pond coatings I see similarities. The poor grades are urethane, polyurethane,a liquid rubbery compounds and asphalt. Good grades are always polyurea or polyurea hybrid. I've repaired a pond with cascade that supposedly had spray-lining called Line-X applied (a polyurea). Line-X appears to be in truck bed liner with a few polyurea types, all of which appeared similar. I re-coated over cracks and leaks with a thicker layer of Seal Tite from Spray-Lining & Coatings which also looked the same except is a more flexible polyurea. Seal Tite is aquatic safe, NSF/ANSI 61 Standards [Drinking water safe] aquaticLIFE™ but SL&C also makes truck bed, jeep, trailer, etc linings which look same except it too is more flexible. Does anyone here have experience with similarities or differences in truck bed vs pond lining coatings?
I have actually used a pond liner to seal a roof because it's the same as 45 mm epdm. I think you have brought up flexibility and durability, but lt also needs to be uv resistant. I know more about construction materials than truck liners. I would think that pond liners would be cheaper because it's sold to the public from such large rolls. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@koiman - are you talking about a product that you spray or paint on? Or are you referring to an actual liner like EPDM that is most commonly used in pond building?

Ask a Question