Koi pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people I have had my pond 7 years and just dug it out a extra 5foot and put the existing pond water back in the new pond and filled the rest up with out side tap water and I have a eazy pod on it now as well as two more filter boxes but my koi seem to be doesile and not doing a lot off movement any help or will they come round it’s like there struggling for oxygen

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if they are docile it could be water temp. shock .The water going in should be the same temp as the water in it or close .You should really have an aerator to help them with the struggle

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd put in an aerator just to be safe as @sissy stated.What is an eazy pod? Since you have had the pond for 7 yrs I assume you would know about chlorine in the water and the remover you need if you have chlorine in there? Otherwise maybe they are just freaked out about all the work going on in there home.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked it up to and had a feeling it was a filter .Not good for koi and as koi get bigger they need more oxygen and more filtering .That is why I finished my new second filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Ricki. it looks like you asked the same question on two different threads. I would pick the one you want to continue with and mention on the other thread that the discussion moved over to the other one.

Ask a Question