Country
United States
older post have amazing amount of info on things need to see this stuff again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Could this work with a smaller pump? Say 250gph? I have an extra one from my previous set up and was trying to figure out if I could use it some how to create a pond vac?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i actually redid that vaccuum last year with a pacific hydro 256 gph pump with a flow control on the outlet, i adjusted flow just strong enough to pick up the poop, you dont want to suck it thru the debris catch....this vac was built just for the basement pond. with no debris except fish poop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Even though my pond is outside, there really isn't anything other then fish poo at the bottom. At least not yet anyway. My subdivision is really lacking in trees, none in my yard or most yards around me. We're on a corner and the people behind us have small flowering trees so I did get a couple white petals from the pear tree this week. But literally it was like 2 petals. Was thinking if I could do this with my little extra pump then it could buy me some time before I would need to buy one.

My pump doesn't have a flow control on the outlet, was that something extra you found and added to yours?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the flow control came with the pump...its for the little fountain head(s) that are also included...$9.99 @ Harbor Freight... the flow control is nice so you can set the suction just enuff to do the job.and not suck it thru the media inside the collection canister.

Ask a Question